Sign in to follow this  
Raven9000

Prepar3D behavior for starting / restarting flights

Hi, after installing P3D, I'm at this point pretty much playing around looking at settings, tweaking, etc., and also playing around with the many airplanes I have purchased up to here.

As I'm just playing around, it's not unlikely that I simply overstress or even crash the airplane, and that's when the behavior of P3D I hate kicks in:

After that happens, and unlike FSX, the sim automatically loads the default scenery and bloody F-22...

Is there any way to prevent this?

Also, is there a different way that on startup you can see both the flight setup and the sim settings like yo can in FSX? Sometimes I just want to tweak some settings and it seems I'm forced to load up a flight before being able to.

Thanks!!

Hi, after installing P3D, I'm at this point pretty much playing around looking at settings, tweaking, etc., and also playing around with the many airplanes I have purchased up to here.

As I'm just playing around, it's not unlikely that I simply overstress or even crash the airplane, and that's when the behavior of P3D I hate kicks in:

After that happens, and unlike FSX, the sim automatically loads the default scenery and bloody F-22...

Is there any way to prevent this?

Also, is there a different way that on startup you can see both the flight setup and the sim settings like yo can in FSX? Sometimes I just want to tweak some settings and it seems I'm forced to load up a flight before being able to.

Thanks!!

There is no way to adjust settings in the sim before you start, but there is a way to adjust the flight before you begin by checking the box that says "show at startup". If you cant see it and it automatically launches you into the default flight, then go to settings->simulation - general-> and under the program column, select Show Scenario Startup Screen. This will at least allow you to change the airport, plane, flight plan, weather, etc at startup

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

There is no way to adjust settings in the sim before you start, but there is a way to adjust the flight before you begin by checking the box that says "show at startup". If you cant see it and it automatically launches you into the default flight, then go to settings->simulation - general-> and under the program column, select Show Scenario Startup Screen. This will at least allow you to change the airport, plane, flight plan, weather, etc at startup

Thanks. Yes, I do have that enabled and get to choose the flight at startup, just not the sim settings.

Anyway to prevent loading default flight after crash/overstress?

Although you can't access the sim settings before starting a flight you CAN however SAVE settings from within the sim and then load those settings on the scenario startup screen. So if you regularly change particular settings, make sure to save a cfg for each setup so you can select if before you start the flight. Also saves time to change things every time.

To prevent reloading a flight: best things to do is to disable crashes and damage: default crash and damage options are crap anyway because you can sometimes 'crash' your plane with nothing in sight.

You could also create your own default flight (choose plane you like, airport, etc. and then save the flight as default) so you won't be see that F22 every time you crash. 

Although you can't access the sim settings before starting a flight you CAN however SAVE settings from within the sim and then load those settings on the scenario startup screen. So if you regularly change particular settings, make sure to save a cfg for each setup so you can select if before you start the flight. Also saves time to change things every time.

To prevent reloading a flight: best things to do is to disable crashes and damage: default crash and damage options are crap anyway because you can sometimes 'crash' your plane with nothing in sight.

You could also create your own default flight (choose plane you like, airport, etc. and then save the flight as default) so you won't be see that F22 every time you crash.

For the first part, yes, but the idea is that I start the sim and want to try a setting, so ideally I would want to g to setting first and then launch a flight, and not the othe way around :S

For,the second, sure that woukd be practical but you don't know f/when you screwed up. Also the saving a different default flight is a good idea if you mostly use a plane or something but it still doesn,t change the fact that t will reload a flight that I don't want when the curerent one ends for whatever reason :(

If you crash or "reset" the flight you are always going to restart with the setup that you started the current session with. That is just the way it works.

Maybe SIMstarter NG would help you, just google it.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Yeah, that's what I was asking if it could be changed, because thisnis different from FsX, where the same situation reloads the same scenario, not the default one.