Sign in to follow this  
Vortac12

JS41 radome

I recently downloaded the repaint kit for the JS41 and it states something on the instructions about a radome being included on the fuselage template I case the livery had one. When I open the JS41 in a model viewer it shows a large black pod on the bottom of the air craft along with a FLIR pod on t he nose. In FSX this is not visible. How do I enable it and paint it? I will post a picture soon

I don't think there is a FLIR version, France had some military version with a radar on it  but I haven't heard of anything else . Maybe they were going to make a livery for it but there is no functions in the VC for that. It prob got left out and is a remnant in the model..

I don't think there is a FLIR version, France had some military version with a radar on it  but I haven't heard of anything else . Maybe they were going to make a livery for it but there is no functions in the VC for that. It prob got left out and is a remnant in the model..

I discovered part of my answer.  It is used with the Hong Kong Government livery that can be downloaded from PMDG.  However, I am still not sure of how to make it work with the paint kit. I should also have mentioned that it was supposed to be an option according .readme file with it.  It stated to turn it on or off in the layers if needed but it is not there.  Oh well thanks for the reply