Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Is FFTF parameter still valid for v3.2?

So, the question is....do you still use it with 3.2 or not?

not on my system - Makes no differents (ohh wait is it only people with locked FPS who can answers this)

I am an unlocked simmer

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

For my 10 years old i7 it is mandatory, as without it my system cannot handle 30fps

Artur 

Yes, by paying a price... that in most cases is the scenary loading times.

Some people doesn't care to see blurred textures for some seconds, as they prefer to have more FPS but a (temporary) odd looking scenery; while others doesn't accept this compromise (having a hi spec PC).

The default value of 0.33 is the perfect balance (LM is not stupid!) ..and it should be changed only if your PC cannot cope with the workload.. but accepting the above compromise.

My FFTF is set to 0.01 and maybe my eye is not sharp enough, but i cannot see blurries. 

Artur 

I don't use any cfg tweaks so neither this one.

My FFTF is set to 0.01 and maybe my eye is not sharp enough, but i cannot see blurries. 

I guess it's because P3D does not understand the value of 0.01 and automatically loads a flight like FFTF entry does not exist :-)

Yes it does work and from what I've heard and been seeing even with unlocked fps.

Only values of 0.10 to 0.99 are valid though.

• Upvote 1

I guess it's because P3D does not understand the value of 0.01 and automatically loads a flight like FFTF entry does not exist :-)

Wrong, if the FFTF value can not be handled by P3D (or FSX), it will automatically use the next valid value, which is "0.10". But, this discussion was already made plenty of times, nobody using "0.01" will believe you as they will continue on insisting that on their machine, "0.01" gives better results than "0.10". Pure placebo though, and also some people believe in homeopathy, no chance to change those minds :wink:

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

It really does not matter if value is 0.01 or 0.1 - the thing is that it is working and helping with fluidity of simulation.

Artur 

When using Unlimited it uses FFTF=0.1...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I am not tweaking prepar3d.cfg anymore.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

This from the Learning Center manual. Make of it what you will, but I think the above are right 0.10 is the lowest you can go

. [MAIN] FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.

Performance Tuning Tip:

This setting, which defaults to a value of .33 (33%), defines the percentage of each frame that is devoted to loading scenery. Increasing this number can reduce "the blurries", but it can cause stutters, and can also reduce the overall frame rate. Try reducing the number to the lowest level where you still get smooth scenery paging. This will vary depending on disk speed as well as the type of flying, as well as the selected scenery settings.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

The number of CORRECT answers is directly proportional to the number of users .... :P

WAT1460.png