Sign in to follow this  
Guest B52Drivr

Your thoughts on these 3 aircraft paks ?

Aerosim's L1011, Flight1's ATR, and Dreamfleet's Baron 58.Different aircraft I know, but I was wondering what you recommend I try first and why ?Your thoughts much appreciated.Steve

Of the three, I only have the Baron. This is really excellent in all respects. See Andrew Herd's review on the other site. My only quibble is with the frame rates in the VC. It's a complex aircraft (in the coding at least) so my system struggles even with the eye candy turned down. If you don't fly in the VC then this is not an issue.Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

I only have the ATR and think it is one of the best prop a/c ever designed for flight sim. There are hundreds of reviews so why not look at them?

Same here. The ATR is absolutely one of the best planes I have. I really love how it handles and models the systems. You really can't go wrong with it, especially how the real ATR people worked with the team to develop it. Other than being tricky to land, which is overcome with practice, it's a worthy investment. I now find it easier to land than other add ons I have in fact.I can't speak to the other two however.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest allcott

I have the Baron and the ATR. I tried cramming 72 passengers into the Baron and flying it at 25,000 feet and it didn't want to know, and the ATR won't get in and out of my favourite grass strip.:-)In other words, comparisons are meaningless when you're comparing apples with onions.Trying to come up with a preference for someone else is just impossible. You need to decide what flying you want to do and use the one that's most appropriate to do it. They're all excellent.Allcott

The ATR is brilliant. The Baron was derived from the A36 project and looks to be just as good if not better (I have it on my disk, but not used it yet due to lack of time).I've not seen the L1011, been waiting for the last 3 years for the Pilots version.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Not sure of the L1011, although I'm not an L1011 fan anyways. Didn't like them when I was flying the big stuff and don't really care for them now.On the ATR and the Baron, well, in a word: Fantastic! You can't go wrong with either one.Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"