Sign in to follow this  
andreadebiase

FMC questions

Is it possible while cruising at high altitude to reset the FMC to the same initial status when you are parked and just started planning your flight? i know i can punch in a new destination but i am having a hard time deleting the exiting one.

Also, once activated and executed a route i think is not possible to program the winds aloft. I can do it but only earlier and it is unclear to me exactly when i lose this option.

thank you

Andrea De Biase

Is it possible while cruising at high altitude to reset the FMC to the same initial status

Under what scenario would you want to do this?

Is it possible while cruising at high altitude to reset the FMC to the same initial status when you are parked and just started planning your flight?

It won't be "exactly" as if you programmed the FMC from scratch as on the ground. But you can change everything you want while in flight. Yes, you can delete the route and generate a new destination, but it's better to create a ROUTE 2 instead, and once it's ready, change your active route from RTE1 to RTE2.

Also, once activated and executed a route i think is not possible to program the winds aloft

Yes it is! The winds can always be updated :)

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

but it's better to create a ROUTE 2 instead, and once it's ready, change your active route from RTE1 to RTE2.

In the NGX FMC there is no RTE 1 and RTE 2 only the active route. The FMCs I the T7and NGX are different. I believe the most recent version of the FMC used in the real world NG has RTE1 and RTE2.

In the NGX FMC there is no RTE 1 and RTE 2 only the active route. The FMCs I the T7and NGX are different. I believe the most recent version of the FMC used in the real world NG has RTE1 and RTE2.

U12.0 added the RTE2 option.

Didn't know that! Sorry then!

U12.0 added the RTE2 option.

Good to know! But you mean an update to the real FMC or the PMDG NGX?

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Good to know! But you mean an update to the real FMC or the PMDG NGX?

He means the real FMC.

Under what scenario would you want to do this?

None really, just curious whether it could be done

It won't be "exactly" as if you programmed the FMC from scratch as on the ground. But you can change everything you want while in flight. Yes, you can delete the route and generate a new destination, but it's better to create a ROUTE 2 instead, and once it's ready, change your active route from RTE1 to RTE2.

Yes it is! The winds can always be updated :)

True, i was able to do this. I can't remember but there was one instance where i could not input the values. Perhaps becasue I had put the average value in the other "page" (dont remember what is called). 

Andrea De Biase

NGX FMC is way behind compared to the real NGs that are kicking about now.

Joe, isn't the real 737 FMCs now like the 777 FMCs ??

Vernon Howells

NGX FMC is way behind compared to the real NGs that are kicking about now.

Joe, isn't the real 737 FMCs now like the 777 FMCs ??

We are just starting to see U12.0 enter the fleet, I haven't seen any firsthand.  The majority of the fleet still runs U10.8A which aside from our CDUs having a slightly different keyboard layout is pretty close to what's in the NGX.  It's not exact, but pretty close.

Is it possible while cruising at high altitude to reset the FMC to the same initial status when you are parked and just started planning your flight? i know i can punch in a new destination but i am having a hard time deleting the exiting one.

Also, once activated and executed a route i think is not possible to program the winds aloft. I can do it but only earlier and it is unclear to me exactly when i lose this option.

thank you

Andrea De Biase

Have you tried entering a new origin? This clears the route and then you can plan a route is if you were on the ground. Wind data entries work for me too.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Most of our fleet is now U12.0... I've never used a 777 FMC so can't compare, but the most obvious change is the RTE 1 / 2 stuff. There's some behind the scenes stuff that improves VNAV descent calculations, reduces lock-ups / resets etc.

Andrew Crowley

Most of our fleet is now U12.0... I've never used a 777 FMC so can't compare, but the most obvious change is the RTE 1 / 2 stuff. There's some behind the scenes stuff that improves VNAV descent calculations, reduces lock-ups / resets etc.

One of the changes in U12.0 is that VNAV will capture the descent path in a cruise descent. In 10.8 a cruise descent would blow through the path without capturing it.