Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Multiple controller setups?

Hi all-

Easiest way to ask is this:

Mostly I fly single GA; sometimes I like to fly a twin.

If I have the CH multi-engine throttle, is there a way to easily switch between using the left three levers for a single to using all 6 for a twin?

(Of course I would probably switch the knobs... :)  )

thanks

Andrew

Mostly I fly single GA; sometimes I like to fly a twin.

If I have the CH multi-engine throttle, is there a way to easily switch between using the left three levers for a single to using all 6 for a twin?

That's exactly what the Fsuipc profile function is designed for.

Your controls automatically assigned when you load the plane into P3D/FSX, I could not live without it

• Upvote 1

That's exactly what the Fsuipc profile function is designed for.

Your controls automatically assigned when you load the plane into P3D/FSX, I could not live without it

Excellent - thanks!

I didn't know it was per-plane. Perfect.

And not only the Axis but also the buttons/keys/macros are per plane.

• Upvote 1

You don't need FSUIPC to achieve this.  You can export and import controller profiles from P3D controls section (two buttons called Export and Import).  Also, may sure you calibrate all your devices from within P3D's calibration screen (this is not the same as the OS calibration).  And finally set sensitivity on ALL devices to their MAX range (i.e. 1 to 127 with lowest NULL zone value i.e. 1).

Cheers, Rob.

You don't need FSUIPC to achieve this.  You can export and import controller profiles from P3D controls section (two buttons called Export and Import).  Also, may sure you calibrate all your devices from within P3D's calibration screen (this is not the same as the OS calibration).  And finally set sensitivity on ALL devices to their MAX range (i.e. 1 to 127 with lowest NULL zone value i.e. 1).

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob! I'll take a look at that and set up tonight. (though I'm still buying FSUIPC for the aforementioned control stuff)

Cheers

Andrew

For sure FSUIPC has lots of other nice features.

Cheers, Rob.

Using FSUIPC for control of the axes and buttons offers many (maybe not so obvious) advantages. For example, the joystick calibration features not only allow you change the "slope" of the axes response curve, but also allows you to configure reverse thrust/beta with your throttle on any capable aircraft.

The profile method of assigning configurations is extremely seamless and requires no "thinking" about whether you have the right set applied.

With FSUIPC, you can program LUA snippets that work like custom functions for the buttons. Here is a example set for Dino's T-45C that I created: https://uchisworld.wordpress.com/2016/02/06/this-game-of-ghosts/

Finally regarding FSUIPC vs LINDA, with FSUIPC you can configure LUA code to run before the aircraft is loaded to set the cockpit systems/switches to preset values, thus avoiding that "not so" cold and dark cockpit.

I still use LINDA a good bit when compiling the list of LVars in an aircraft model but only use FSUIPC for programming.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your journey.

• Upvote 1

Taking this a bit farther, is it possible to have three different startup scenarios available? Say one using a yoke, one for using a joy stick, and one using a joy stick for a helicopter. I would like to have three different icons on my desktop to start whichever scenario I want to use. I am guessing I will need to create three different cfg files with different names tied to these icons on the desktop. Taking it even father, I could have additional cfgs setup using different throttle controllers. Is this possible? How could I do this?

Thanks.

Howard

Yes, you can have 10 controllers and allocate 3 of them to only one aircraft or you could have 2 controllers that have the axes reversed for helos.

I would like to have three different icons on my desktop to start whichever scenario I want to use. I am guessing I will need to create three different cfg files with different names tied to these icons on the desktop.

No, once you have configured the relevant controllers to that particular addon from within Fsuipc the assignments are loaded when you load the plane within FSX/P3D, no need for icons on the desktop etc.

• Upvote 1

I only use FSUIPC to configure my CH Throttle Quadrant. My CH Yoke and CH Rudder Pedals are configured in P3D. I have deactivated the Throttle Quadrant in P3D. This setup is great for single engine and multi engine gas and jet planes, as I can create a specific profile in FSUIPC for each plane. What I am trying to do is also create a startup scenario using my Logitech Freedom 2.4 Joy Stick instead of the CH Yoke for flying fighters, or even the Piper Cub, or any plane that has a Joy Stick. I will use the CH Throttle Quad configured in FSUIPC and create a different profile specific for each plane for just the throttle. I think what I have to do is create an additional cfg within P3D with the Joy Stick activated instead of the Yoke. I would rename the present cfg to yoke.cfg and start P3D. It would build a new cfg and then I would disable the yoke and enable the stick within P3D and save it and shut down. I would rename it stick.cfg. I could then keep both the Joy Stick and The Yoke plugged into the computer and be able to start whichever one I wanted. How do I make P3D start the one I want to use? Is this even possible?

Thanks.

Howard 

The profile is assigned by the sim name of the aircraft/helo. When the sim loads the aircraft, FSUIPC automatically assigns the profile.

There is no need for any cfg edits. In fact, I have joysticks in P3D completely disabled and only use FSUIPC for control assignment (except for one aircraft).