Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.1.28

http://www.flighttoolkit.com/Downloads/FlightToolkit_1_1_28.zip

Major Changes:

- Rebuilt all tools with VS 2015.  If you have trouble running please install the x86 VC++ Redist manually: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

- Changed the IPC method between the tools and Flight.  This will break cyberix's Flight Monitor tool.  I've provided the changes to him earlier so he should have an updated version soon.

- Added support for multiple clients connected via IPC at the same time.  You can now have Addon Builder and SimDataEditor connected at the same time (or other tools such as Flight Monitor)

- Added support for entering OPT mode.  This requires manually adding a mission to your addon in Addon Builder, and clicking refresh in the content pane, selecting the mission asset in the content pane, and then clicking the blue pencil in the toolbar.  This will spawn you in slew mode over Hilo and you will need to use SimDataEditor to move to another location if the mission does not start there.  This allows previewing the placement and orientation of mission objects and triggers.

Minor changes:

- Added and clarified some variables and units in SimDataEditor

- Fixed switching between aircraft with different numbers of engines and fuel tanks in SimDataEditor

- Updated the default ConversionOptions file

- Fix bug where failed export would just hang at the progress bar.
- Fix bug where ModelConverter would crash if there were no animations
- Change Renderer to make use of async await style
- Add error messages and better error handling to Renderer\Asset Viewer
- Add loading spinners to Asset Viewer

- Updated several middleware libraries

- Update MaterialVariationAsset to take advantage of CustomTypeDefinitions to better show the material map in the PropertyGrid.
- Add support for SoundAsset
- Enable horizontal scroll bar in Addon Buidler asset PropertyGrid
- Add better error messages to installer CustomAction
- Add support for more animation curve types in MSF

• Upvote 1

It is only enabled in mission editing mode, so not exactly, but you could probably have an empty mission in your addon for development purposes and "edit" that while you are building scenery.  I can look into adding a button to do all that automatically so you don't have to add temp files to your addon.

Hi,

By running the .28 version of CommandConverter.exe .in a CMD window in the Toolkit folder, without arguments I don't get the help data.

Here's what I see:

ToolkitError.jpg

Rather than providing additional information now, I'm asking if anyone else has noticed this or has there been a change in how the help should be seen.

Jim F.

Works for me... Does that file actually exist in the same folder?  Maybe your install was corrupted somehow.

Hi,

I had arranged the CMD window so that the file was visible below it but when I used the snipping tool I forgot to capture it.  I get the same error on two computers one with Win 10 and the other with Win 7, both 64bit.  I've uninstalled and relocated Toolkit to a different location and still get the same error.  Here's a new picture which shows the folder contents:

ToolkitError2.jpg

Jim F.

Make sure that the x86 redist is installed (link can be found on the first post of this thread).

Then repair your installation.

:smile:

Hi J.D.,

It's installed.  I don't know how to repair the installation.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  Can I assume from your post that when you run .28 without arguments you get the help info?  And if so could you post an image of the help?  Thanks for looking into this.  I downloaded .28 separately on each computer and reinstalled/relocated on each and keep getting the same error.  I don't know what else to try.

Jim F.

Can I assume from your post that when you run .28 without arguments you get the help info?

Yes that is correct.

It's installed. I don't know how to repair the installation. I've uninstalled and reinstalled.

If you have unistalled and installed, then there is no need for you to repair the installation.

There is one thing I would try however...

Usually remnants of the toolkit are left in the registry, remove them and then install the toolkit:

• Get IObit Unistaller from here
  • Run the installer and then launch the program.
  • In the "All Programs" Menu, find "Flight Toolkit" and click unistall - you do not need to create a restore point. 3HpUYo1.png
  • Once the standard unistall has completed, click "Powerful Scan"
  • After this, check the first checkbox in the tree - this will select all the entries.
  • Click "Delete"

Next steps:

• Go to the folder "G:\FS\ Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit" - verify that it is empty. If there is no such folder anymore, then that is also fine.
  • Install the Flight Toolkit once again

Steps to try if the above does not work:

• Download Dependency Walker
  • Extract the contents into an appropriate location
  • Run Dependency Walker and open the .dll file JbNh0Nn.png
  • In the "Module" Pane scroll right down and post a screenshot of what you see as well as any error messages you see in the lower pane CDPN7xU.png

Hi again,

I use Uninstaller (part of the Advanced Systemcare download). Wouldn't stay at home without it.

Ran Dependency Walker (new to me) and here's the picture:

ToolDepend.jpg

I couldn't find the Log window referred to in the popup window.  I don't have  a clue as to what to do next.  It's strange that I have two systems that exhibit the same problem.  It seems likely that I'm the one inducing the error by something I'm doing wrong.

A bit of background:  Previously I created the FSX world addon from a new installation of FSX on which I had installed ORBX Norcal and KMRY scenery but had set to default. Any time I would get near KMRY, Flight would crash.  Before this I had created the addon from FSX without any Orbx scenery and had no problems.  I did a complete new install of FSX and Flight but still had the KMRY problem with a new World addon.  Seemed obvious that I had overlooked something but couldn't find any leftovers.  Decided to put Win 10 on a 1GHz net book and create a new World addon.  It'll probably take days to complete.  It didn't want to go on without at least looking at the new help.  The problem may only be with displaying the help but due to the time it's likely to take to create the new addon I didn't want to chance it.  I do have Flight and Toolkit installed and working on the netbook but haven't installed FSX.

Jim    

Update,

I went back to .22 and help displayed properly.  Perhaps .28 is CPU type dependent.  I have AMD in both computers.  I do have a netbook with Intel but not enough drive space for Flight and FSX so I've been avoiding that option.

It is not a CPU type issue.  This issue is most likely because there is a dependency missing, but it doesn't look like you scrolled down in the module window in DependencyWalker, so I can't see what it is.  The options are pretty limited though: VC++ 2015 x86 redist (not the x64 one!), .NET Framework (I think you need 4.5.2), or the DX SDK redist at usually one of the culprits.  The dependencies should get installed automatically but I've seen for some people they don't for some weird reason.