Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.1.28

Hi,

I didn't know what to look for in the DependecyWalker.  There were no more red errors below what I showed in the image.  I don't even know if there's any correspondence between the left and right columns.

When I installed Toolkit on the netbook which had a completely fresh install of Win 10 it seemed as though there was much more being installed than when I installed it on my desktop which has been in use for some time.  Also, it seemed that the netbook displayed substantially more errors in DependencyWalker.  I would have paid more attention if I knew what to look for.  The CMD window errors were identical on both computers.

I don't know what the 4.5.2 you refer to is.

I looked at IObit Uninstaller to see what was installed and The Microsoft.net folder but didn't know what to look for with any certainty.  I took snips of what may be helpful.

VC.jpg

MSNet.jpg

Thanks for looking into this. 

That was it.  Help displayed fine and and I'm creating a new Addon now.  I'm lacking some fundamental knowledge about what these VC++ redistributables are.  I'll have to look into it.  Thanks again!

Hi,

I looked into "VC++ redistributables" (Googled) and in case anyone else is interested I found this at https://askleo.com/.

"When companies write software using Microsoft Visual C++, they make use of a number of what are called "standard libraries". Those are collections of pre-written software provided by Visual C++ for programmers to use. That way, they don’t have to write what are often very common sequences of code. Instead, they can use these libraries of software that are pre-written and very thoroughly tested by either years of use or Microsoft’s own testing efforts.

So, if you have five programs that use the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable, there only needs to be one copy of it on your computer."

Pretty clear and to the point.  I wasn't familiar with the site but it seems to be a good place to seek basic info.

The World Addon completed successfully and it seemed quicker than last time.  Unfortunately Flight still crashes anywhere within approx. 100 miles of KMRY.  I really didn't expect otherwise.  I'll have to investigate what I left in prior to re-installing Flight and Gold last time and try again.

That was it. Help displayed fine and and I'm creating a new Addon now. I'm lacking some fundamental knowledge about what these VC++ redistributables are. I'll have to look into it. Thanks again!

Wasn't that the one link that stonlance provided in the first post?

I thought you had installed it. :blink:

Hi,

Yes.  When I saw the options I downloaded the x64.  I have a 64bit install and had no idea what the files consisted of.  The choice seemed logical.  I didn't catch your reference to "x86". I just recalled clicking the link and installing the file.   When Stonelance again specified the x86 that cleared things up.  From now on if I see multiple files I'll download all unless something indicates otherwise.  Not knowing what the redistributables were had me at a disadvantage.

Did that DependencyWalker point to the problem?  I can't seem to understand anything past "error".

When you posted "Wasn't that the one link that stonlance provided in the first post?"  I checked and it was.  I didn't understand that your question was rhetorical.  I hope things are clear now.

Did that DependencyWalker point to the problem? I can't seem to understand anything past "error".

In short - No it did not.

It could have been if you ignored the error by pressing OK, and then posting a screenshot of the Module Pane when you had scrolled all the way down.

To be honest, I did the exact same thing until stonelance told me to download the x86 bit version!

I seemed to have lost all friendliness recently - sorry if I seemed a little rough on you! :sad:

Will be back to normal, once all the stresses around me have disappeared!

Glad everything was sorted! :Whew:

Is the Flight Toolkit website down? I keep checking and it says "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable." 

It has been like this for a number of days, now. I know HTTP Error 503 can be caused by a variety of reasons, but are you down for maintenance? Domain issue? I've tried multiple ways of access, only to be greeted with Error 503 across 2 computers and 3 Internet connections. 

Anything? Thanks. 

Ok, it should be up and running.  Apparently the web app stopped running on the server.  As another positive note, I think I figured out the problem that was breaking the aerocache submitting process to be broken.  You guys should now be able to submit new aerocaches via Addon Manager.  I also added a post for 1.1.28 and a link to cyberix's Flight Monitor.

Ok, it should be up and running.  Apparently the web app stopped running on the server.  As another positive note, I think I figured out the problem that was breaking the aerocache submitting process to be broken.  You guys should now be able to submit new aerocaches via Addon Manager.  I also added a post for 1.1.28 and a link to cyberix's Flight Monitor.

I just tried submitting an aerocache I prepared some time ago, but submitting it failed with a message "Fatal error encountered during command execution". I'm still using Flight Toolkit 1.1.15, could this be the reason for the error? Otherwise, I hope it's not caused by a problem with decimal commas again. On my system, I have to enter the values for degrees with a decimal comma, it won't accept a decimal full stop.

Hi, I'm new here. I installed yesterday Microsoft Flight and played through the first missions until that point where you have to connect to Microsoft Live or buy the Alaska pack. So I googled a bit and saw that Microsoft Flight isn't supported anymore. And then I found your Community and Flighttoolkit. And here is my question: I cannot buy Alaska Wilderness Pack because no one can buy it anymore. Did I understood it right that I need Alaska Wilderness Pack for any addon I wanna install with Flighttoolkit? Is there really no other possibility to play the other missions in Flight and/ or add Addons from Flighttoolkit? Thank you for any answer! :)

Greetings

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Germany...

Hi Sinju,

As the Alaska files are no longer available elsewhere, it's my understanding that they can be downloaded via the Toolkit.  There is currently a problem downloading the files there were not originally sold but I think the links to the original files are working. In addition to the Alaska Wilderness Pack other files are needed to make it work.  Just download what's possible and all should work.

Jim F.