Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Full Version Fsuipc question

When I load a flight in P3D are the controls that I have setup within Fsuipc suppose to load automatically for that specific aircraft? Or do you have to open Fsuipc within addons in sim and then click profile specific everytime?

Kevin Humphryes

When I load a flight in P3D are the controls that I have setup within Fsuipc suppose to load automatically for that specific aircraft? Or do you have to open Fsuipc within addons in sim and then click profile specific everytime?

When you set up your Controls in FSUIPC4 and calibrate, then that's it, will work for any addon airplane, if you need to do a specific profile for a unique airplane for some reason then go ahead and make one.

bob

Yes I know about making specific profiled I am asking does the controls in fsuipc auto load when I load that specific aircraft or do I have to open fsuipc and then select the profile I need?

Kevin Humphryes

If you have defined a specific setup for a specific airplane in FSUIPC, when when you load the airplane, the FSUIPC configuration for that airplane is loaded automatically.  However, that specific setup doesn't apply nor does it load if you load a different airplane.  You can copy the first setup to the second airplane thru the FSUIPC interface.  Then it will load automatically with the second airplane also.

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Yes I know about making specific profiled I am asking does the controls in fsuipc auto load when I load that specific aircraft or do I have to open fsuipc and then select the profile I need?

edited , been re reading the user doc's and will get up to date on it.

bob

You create profiles for different types of aircraft - single engine prop, multi prop, single jet, military jet, etc. When you FIRST load an a/c - go into FSUIPC and under axis assignments, click use profile - a list will open showing the various profiles you have created - select the one you want. After that any time you load THAT specific aircraft, the selected profile will be used.

I cannot recall from memory but you CAN set FSUIPC up so that it will recognize a specific string so if you fly different paints of the same aircraft, it will auto assign to the profile selected for the first paint.

There are other cool customizations you can make so dig in to the docs - once you get it set up the first time, it's easy to modify.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Ok when I fly say the 737ngx I have a profile setup for it and when I load that aircraft i always have to go to the addon menu and open Fsuipc and select the profile that I created was just wanting to know if I should have to do that everytime or should it be loading that profile automatically.

Kevin Humphryes

Ok when I fly say the 737ngx I have a profile setup for it and when I load that aircraft i always have to go to the addon menu and open Fsuipc and select the profile that I created was just wanting to know if I should have to do that everytime or should it be loading that profile automatically.

It will be loading it up automatically if that specific aircraft is actually assigned to that profile. Why do you think that is not happening? There are many variants of the NGX installable. If you want the profile to cover them all you have to do a small edit to the settings file (FSUIPC4.INI). There is ample coverage of this in the documentation, and even user examples.

If you think you have a problem or further questions on thist, please come to the proper FSUIPC support forum. I do not do FSUIPC support here.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Sorry to 7500 the thread but quick P3D noob question: is FSUIPC just as important for P3D as it is for FSX? I rely on it heavily in FSX, mainly for accurate controller calibration and configuration, is it also recommended for P3D?

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

I don't fly without it!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Ok so I understand that even if I am flying the 737ngx it has to be assigned to each variant of the aircraft. Eg. Southwest 737-700 American Airlines 737-800. Is this correct?

Kevin Humphryes

Yes and no. Research the documentation - there's a method of assigning a specific STRING to the profile. As long as the aircraft contains the string AND you have associated it with the profile, it will auto load.

You can also assign EACH paint variation manually the first time you load the aircraft - after that FSUIPC will automatically assign the profile.

Vic