Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Help CTD AWhen Loading Select Aircraft, etc. Screen

Bob,

it will restore not your own files but all your entries in the registry, so you are back on a system at that point where the checkpoint  has been taken.  And you can switch back to your current system if you want.

Regarding a image save,  you may need a tool like Norton Ghost or ....... ? There are other tools too to provide this function.  I think it is mandatory for our FSX hobby to do a complete image save from time to time. I know people doing it at least every 4 weeks. Others every week. It takes just 20 to 40 minutes. In this case you can easy fall back to your saved system with everything.

Dietmar 

Thanks Dietmar for the good information.When I get it back working I'll make an image. Regards, Bob.

I have been checking all of my FSXA program files and dll's.

In my C:\Windows\winSXS folder I have three simconnect.dll's. They are:

10.0.60905.0 (RTM)

10.0.61355.0 (SP1)

10.0.61637.0 (FSXA)

Should I have all three and are the version numbers correct?

Thanks, Bob.

I have all three versions you have and I understand you need all three versions as addons were developed with different versions of simconnect and your simulator will use the appropriate version.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

OK Jim. Thanks. I was hoping that having all three versions might be my problem. NO SOAP!!!

I appreciate your kind help.

Best regards, Bob.

I looked at a previous FSXA crash report where FSX was working OK except for some other minor problem which went away when I loaded FSX again. I had the entries for:

C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0

_none_55f5ecdc14f60568\SimConnect.dll

C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.609050._

none_dd92b94d8a196297\SimConnect.dll

I did not have these entries in the crash report for the latest crash.I do have them in my Windows\winsxs folder.

I also checked my Registry. They are not in it at all.

I checked with a friend and he has these entries in his Registry.

Is there a way to get them registered as it looks like that's my problem as FSX requires SimConnect.

Thanks, Bob.

I read only half of the replies, so, if someone has already stated the following I apologize.

I used to be in the computer field and was an expert in computer hardware.

Your problem is often caused by faulty computer hardware, and hopefully none of your files have been damaged.

Heat can cause malfunction or premature failure of computer components.  If you have not done so, go to a local Wal-Mart, computer store, or office supply store and purchase a can of air.  Open your case and thoroughly clean everything including RAM, all fans, all heatsinks, the power supply, video card, and other areas where filth or dust bunnies have accumulated.

Another problem areas are weak components on the motherboard.  Increase your CPU VCore slightly, usually an additional .025 volts works.  If the RAM is weak use the same increase in voltage.  If your power supply has weakened components it is time to replace it.

These are just a few hardware related options and I suggest you try cleaning [$4 or $5 U.S. a can] and slight voltage increase, as they are free.

I am leaning toward a hardware problem because you said all was well one day and, without changing anything - especially with no add-ons, the next day the problem presented itself.

Thanks Dana for the advice. It is not a heat problem. I monitor my CPU and GPU temperature all the time. They are both 39°C. now and never get over 55°C when flying.  I also dust with a Spray Duster at least once a week. Bob.

This fix might be of interest - http://www.avsim.com/topic/488257-help-with-fsx-ctd/

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks to all who have posted with help. I removed FSX and reinstalled it and Acceleration. All works well now.

Best regards, Bob.