Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Orbx AUS SP4, and Cairns Intl.....(YCBS)

I have been just going through my Australian airport purchases from this present sale..and got to Cairns Intl (YCBS)

WOW..wow..and wow....

I highly recommend, if you have Australia SP4, or even to get it...along with is airport!

The scenery is drop-dead gorgeous!

P3D v3.2.3 With Real Shader 1.1

------------------------------------------------------------------

2016_5_3_17_21_52_656.png

2016_5_3_17_22_16_212.png

2016_5_3_17_27_47_191.png

2016_5_3_17_27_52_299.png

2016_5_3_17_28_2_983.png

• Upvote 2

I already had Australia, but I got Cairns yesterday. I agree, beautiful :)

Peter

I already had Australia, but I got Cairns yesterday. I agree, beautiful :)

Peter

Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just exploring for the very first time, now...people have to get Aussie and this airport...what an experience!

Back to the first flight...

Mitch

I have Cairnes though I haven't flown it much.  How are the other larger airports in AUS?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have Cairnes though I haven't flown it much.  How are the other larger airports in AUS?

Gregg

Very nicely done, Gregg..you can't go wrong with a choice.

Gregg

Gregg, I can personally vouch for the quality and detail of the following, but read carefully each one, that they install into P3D 3.x.  I can't remember which one it was..but only into as high as P3D 2.x

Since I fly all FSX, P3D v2.4 and P3D v3.2.3...I still can fly a property that at this time, does not have a P3D 3.x installer option. I do believe that it was only one of the below choices that did not have as yet, a P3D v3 installer option.

Orbx - FTX: AU YBBN Brisbane International
Orbx - FTX: AU YBCS Cairns International Airport
Orbx - FTX: AU YBRM Broome International Airport
Orbx - FTX: AU YCDR Caloundra Airport
Orbx - FTX: AU YHBA Hervey Bay Airport
Orbx - FTX: AU YPEC Aeropelican Airport
Orbx - FTX: AU YSCH Coffs Harbour Airport
Orbx - FTX: AU YWVA Warnervale Airport

In Australia I'm pondering Melbourne...doesn't look like Brisbane has been updates since P3D 1.x (are those baked-in shadows?). 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

In Australia I'm pondering Melbourne.

Hold off on Melbourne!! Orbx are doing a makeover right now, and Brisbane has not been touched since P3dv1, frankly i find Ant`s freeware Brisbane much better on the eye and performance.

tpewpb-6.png

Hold off on Melbourne!! Orbx are doing a makeover right now, and Brisbane has not been touched since P3dv1, frankly i find Ant`s freeware Brisbane much better on the eye and performance.

Why hold off?  He needs to purchase now...and then when the make-over is ready...it will be posted to his account.  Hold off...and lose the sale price...

Why hold off?

All good if you want to buy 2 different airports, 1 complete make-over or the old one which will not get worked, JV says nothing about it being posted to your account, it`s a paid upgrade.

tpewpb-6.png

I bought Melbourne now on the basis that I am willing to purchase the upgrade within one month of release at the offer of AU$9-95, which on top of the sale price of 21-95 is still a saving over the current full price of 34-95; furthermore, with the upcoming price increase in June and assuming v3 won't be available before then it'll work out to be an approx $8 saving over what will be the new full price of 39-95. And in the meantime I've got a YMML I can enjoy.

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

I bought Melbourne now on the basis that I am willing to purchase the upgrade within one month of release at the offer of AU$9-95, which on top of the sale price of 21-95 is still a saving over the current full price of 34-95; furthermore, with the upcoming price increase in June and assuming v3 won't be available before then it'll work out to be an approx $8 saving over what will be the new full price of 39-95. And in the meantime I've got a YMML I can enjoy.

Not only that...but you can also port over from FSX...YPEC with no problem into P3D v3.2.3, and here it is...a really nice addition.  I also did this with Brisbane YBBN and it looks a heck of a lot better than the ANT`s freeware version, even if it has not been reworked of late. 

If you do this, you just copy both the folders YPEC and YBBN from your FSX Orbx/AU folder installation, and then copy them into your P3D v3.2.x Orbx/AU folder...and then when P3D v3.2.3 is running, go to the Scenery Library, and press ADD.  Go to your Orbx folder, and then into the AU folder. Just find both airport folders as named above, and add each one into play.  Go have fun at both these great Orbx  airports!

Here is the ported over YPEC with all flow technologies working just fine...people, birds, sounds, airport ambiance noises...all working just fine, at both YPEC and YBBN, within P3D v3.2.3!

2016_5_4_7_39_58_731.png

All good if you want to buy 2 different airports, 1 complete make-over or the old one which will not get worked, JV says nothing about it being posted to your account, it`s a paid upgrade.

Ah...so, this is going to be a purchased rework.  I see. My mistake, thought it was just going to be an tweaked upgrade.  My bad.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ses

I wish they would do more mid size airports like cairns that are a good hub for airliners.

ZORAN

I wish they would do more mid size airports like cairns that are a good hub for airliners.

YBBN Brisbane Intl, is such a one....

The installer is only good for FSX and P3D v1.  No problem though...you can port it over into P3D v2 and v3, after you install it into FSX.  

Just to clarify for those not in the know, my earlier post was referring to a special offer available only within the first month of release of the upcoming Melbourne v3 airport update whereby all existing owners of v1 and v2 of Melbourne can purchase the upgraded airport for AU$9-95 (stated by JV in the Melbourne YMML update thread over on the ORBX forums).  Hence, it was cheaper for me to buy and enjoy v2 now at sale price until v3 is released (JV suggested mid-year if not sooner) then pay the 9-95 upgrade soon as possible. 

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

Great pics, Mitch.  I couldn't wait any longer - had to break down and purchase, Australia, YBBN Brisbane, and YBCS Cairns. Also installed all the freeware and AI.  Looking forward to maybe purchasing a few more before the sale ends.  What a great area to enjoy FSX.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________