Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Un tour di aeroporti militari italiani

If you recall, we made a trip up the Corsican islands as a rag tag band of, frankly, undisciplined rabble. :Hmmmph:

We shall endeavor to recover some pride and show the Italian Military what we're made of. :rolleyes:

I've managed to procure a selection of military aircraft, albeit rather ancient, WW2 machines. First come, first served. Although something with Bear in it's name has been reserved by 2nd Lt. Roman Plodowski (or something)

Flight plan is posted on Squadron Orders notice board.

A word  of warning: Italian base commanders have been authorised to shoot down any aircraft caught snooping around. No, you can't call it a 'recce'. :Shame On You:

Ops start at 05:15 hours local.

One last point. Any heard saying "I can't see my house from here" WILL be court martialed!

Carry on. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Oh yes. Usual RL start time. Sim start 05:15. Reveille 04:30. :spiteful:  EU LC would be good. I haven't gone traipsing round teh interwebs looking for scenery so being on the same level is quite on the cards.

I just LOVE Auto Saved Content!

I shall be flying one of the largest and heaviest flghters of ww2, built by Republic in Farmingdale New York:  P-47D-22 "The New Yorker" as flown by Lt Bayard C. Auchincloss of the 350FS, 353rd FG, from Raydon, UK, June 1944.

TheNewYorker6b651.jpg

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

And I shall be flying:

56bbcb6d0370f_A2AP-40CheckertailClan.jpg

The 325th Fighter Group commenced combat operations in the Mediterranean Theater

(MTO). They flew their first missions, from North Africa, while part of the 12th Army Air Force.

In November 1943, they became part of the 306th Fighter Wing, and moved to Italy

with the newly formed 15th USAAF, for the remainder of the war.

Copied from Tom's site.

Sorry, guys.  I don't have any WWII birds, and I don't think I can learn to fly one on such short notice.  :Hmmmph:  :unknw:

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

My system is in pretty good shape, i'll see if i can get teamspeak client  setup again and my headset.  I should be able to join.  I'm just trying to get all my controllers mapped again, ugg.  My multi switch panel is not cooperating. 

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Sorry, guys.  I don't have any WWII birds, and I don't think I can learn to fly one on such short notice.  :Hmmmph:  :unknw:

What's to learn? Get hold of the Bearcat that Roman is using : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=37&id=18252 and don't be a wuss! (English for sissy) :smile:

Stew,

I you you're more into tri-gears these Tigercats are good - SOH Search. We RTWR racers consider these as trainers because of the gear configuration. Stick to the "-3" base models, not 2 seat, -3N, -3T or tanker at least for the Saturday session. Many of us will have these in our sim already from racing.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Download link for the Grumman Tigercat

As per usual, I was talking though apertures not intended for speech! That Tigercat is for Combat Flight Simulator 3

Now, where's my darkened room? :blush2:

:help:  Umm...how come I can't see out of the cockpit of the Bearcat?  All the glass is opaque. 

Stew

Stew,

Try these, 2 versions DX9 & DX10. Backup originals (Glasses_T.bmp (DX10) OR Glasses_L.bmp (DX9))  .. Here.

Hope it works for ya... Otherwise the Tigercats are very good too! (Hope my search link above works, must be signed in)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thanks, Roman.  I'm gonna try the Tigercat, too, and see how it goes--haven't unzipped it yet.

Stew

Thanks, Roman.  These files seem to work.  I guess the Bearcat doesn't have an autopilot.  It's got the avionics but no autopilot function unless it's tied to the Garmin 500 somehow.

Stew

Roman, another question.  I have no sound in the external view, nothing.  Is this by design?  I do hear the engine when I open the canopy, but not when it's closed.  Otherwise, flying the Bearcat is kinda fun.

Stew