Sign in to follow this  
Jessica Bannister-Pearce

New preview shots

Egad!!....the elevation data must be really inaccurate...esp at Dallas KDFW.  In the video they show the airport up on a plateau....really?   I live a few miles from there and I can assure you there are no cliffs anywhere around the airport. :Thinking: 

This is a solid pass for me...even if it was 128bit! 

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

OK... I'll take a bath... it IS Saturday night after all...

(and then he comes back complaining about 'ad hominem attacks...)

Your interpretive skills are sorely lacking :-P

Your interpretive skills are sorely lacking :-P

Just one of a long list of skills I lack...lol

No one noticed that even though the landing/taxi light(s) were on, the runway was NOT illuminated by them?

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Anyone that may be hoping they put real time into these airplanes (at least past visuals) needs to watch him trying to stall that Cub in this video. Absolutely terrible.

Well, I like flight school, it is what they promissed since the beginning... a flight school simulator, with some improvements.

My real disappointment will be if the Full simulator has no major improvements compared to what we have today. 

Two new videos:

Who the heck is teaching these testers how to fly?

80 knots to rotate a Cherokee?

And what in the world happened to the ATC voices?

No one noticed that even though the landing/taxi light(s) were on, the runway was NOT illuminated by them?

Well Bill, perhaps that error has been fixed by now, and if not and Martin sees your post it will be soon. :)

Ken

Anyone that may be hoping they put real time into these airplanes (at least past visuals) needs to watch him trying to stall that Cub in this video. Absolutely terrible.

Who the heck is teaching these testers how to fly?

80 knots to rotate a Cherokee?

And what in the world happened to the ATC voices?

I thought it would be quite easy to change a bit of ATC phraseology

It should be 16 "right" for the runway - not the 16 "R" as read by the ATC.

I thought it would be quite easy to change a bit of ATC phraseology

It should be 16 "right" for the runway - not the 16 "R" as read by the ATC.

That error aside, the voices themselves sound terrible. Why change them at all?

That error aside, the voices themselves sound terrible. Why change them at all?

Probably because the new voice emulation allows for a broader set of accents, voices, and phraseology than old FSX did. There was a great addon called EditVoicePack which enhanced the capability of default ATC, but you had to spell out verbiage phonetically to get them to be pronounced correctly. I would assume that this new system somehow enhances the existing capabilities that we will see in the final version of the full sim. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Love the new interface. Great idea to have the planes in the hangar gives a real nice view of them. Similar to the train sims in that way.

Unfortunately, no rain and snow effects on the windshield like FSX.

I see they have implemented speedtree or some variant.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Probably because the new voice emulation allows for a broader set of accents, voices, and phraseology than old FSX did. There was a great addon called EditVoicePack which enhanced the capability of default ATC, but you had to spell out verbiage phonetically to get them to be pronounced correctly. I would assume that this new system somehow enhances the existing capabilities that we will see in the final version of the full sim.

You realize they were at Seattle and it's been the same voice at all the airports shown.

And even so, who cares if the robot has a slight accent if it sounds so bad?

You realize they were at Seattle and it's been the same voice at all the airports shown.

And even so, who cares if the robot has a slight accent if it sounds so bad?

I have seen videos that have different accents. Clearly its not perfect as of yet, but in FSX/P3D we dont have the variety of accents I have seen in this sim. The dictation clearly needs some cleaning up but I personally think it sounds more robust than old FSX voices. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I also hope DTG includes rain and snow effects on the windshield, but the lighting effects look good.

I wish they would implement photorealistic ground textures with new autogen buildings placed on top for their full version of the simulator.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I also hope DTG includes rain and snow effects on the windshield, but the lighting effects look good.

I wish they would implement photorealistic ground textures with new autogen buildings placed on top for their full version of the simulator.

DTG have already made it clear that they will not be making many changes, if at all, to weather, flight models etc for Flight School. Although there may well be rather more changes to weather in Flight Sim I suspect that weather windshield effects will not be in the initial release of Flight Sim judging by Martin's comments. Naturally I hope that I'm proved wrong in that prediction. :)  

Give people power to really test their personality.

Hi Folks

AIUI -

Whilst Flight-School's lessons utilise pre-recorded audio dialogs,

as heard in DTG's own 'Approach & Landing Lesson' video,

ATC's audio utilises a "Text-To-Speech" engine.

Mission dialogs can also utilise TTS.

From what I've heard so far

in 8 off, 3rd party reviewer's videos,

all 'voices' appear to be,

those available for Microsoft's OS's built-in TTS, SAPI-5 engine.

Whether the final-release product

utilises a 3rd party TTS engine,

or, Microsoft's OS's built-in TTS,

hopefully it might include additional 'voices'.

Side note -

The audio heard in both video sources -

- DTG's - Lagging by up to 4 seconds.

- 3rd party's - Disjointed / slow output.

being symptomatic

of cfg's slider settings being set too high,

for their PC's currently available resources.

HTH
ATB
Paul