Sign in to follow this  

Aerosoft EDDT Berlin issues?

Normally I'd post this on Aerosoft's support forum, but in the middle of making my post their site went down, so thought I'd try here:

After installing EDDT, start P3D, select EDDT airport, ok ... get to 87% progress then app crash:

Faulting application name: APController.exe, version: 1.0.9.60306, time stamp: 0x56dc17ce
Faulting module name: mscorwks.dll, version: 2.0.50727.8689, time stamp: 0x56de52b2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000becbb

Anyone else get this?

If I disable APController.exe from my EXE.XML then the airport will load ... not sure what APController does ... airport traffic?  I gotta admit, I'm getting a little more than frustrated lately with airports published under Aerosoft banner ... numerous SODE issues, flickering textures, odd lighting, and more.  I can understand why some give up on flight simulation, continual resolution of issues like this does start to get a little tedious.

Cheers, Rob.

Dear Rob, while I cannot offer a solution for your problem, I can understand your frustration. The APCcontroler controls airport lightings etc. Your error could be linked to a simconnect error. APControler.exe should be run with administrator privileges to avoid some trouble. Maybe it is simple as that.

Is your entry of APControler in the exe.xml in the Roaming/Appdata folder? I solved a simconnect-related problem with another addon (couatl.exe) by moving those entries into the exe.xml of the ProgramData folder. Do not know though whether it makes a difference with the APControler.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I recently has AP controller error. Solved by going to P3d redist folder and reinstalling simconnect

I gotta admit, I'm getting a little more than frustrated lately with airports published under Aerosoft banner ... 

Cheers, Rob.

I've got exactly the same.

Normally I would buy Aerosoft airports (any) without the blink of an eye, but I have stopped doing that since a few months after reading numerous support messages.

That is also the reason why I didn't bought EDDT yet, and probably I never will. It turns out that the FSX version works pretty fine in P3D V3.2. (after a small tweak)

Also I considered to buy Aspen but haven't done yet, because of the same reason as EDDT.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Mine crashed as well as soon as i tried to load the airport. Oddly, it doesn't happen when i approach the airport, coming from another location.

I am very careful about what i add to my simulador, EDDT just found the way out until they make it work without these external "crash-provokers". This really annoys me, and more and more developers are starting to use APC and SODE. Oh boy :(

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

No problems if developers use SODE for their airports, as long as it becomes the standard. The last release is stable - no issues. Now with APC, there is an other technology, which is hopefully not used by too many developers. I usually deactivate APC from running in the background using SimStarter NG and just activate it when I fly to Zurich.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

That's what we need, a standard.

I just don't have the time nor patience to change my configuration depending on where i'm flying to - I have to enjoy the simulator, not be worried with my airport pairs wondering which configuration i have to select depending on that. What if i alternate? And my enroute alternates and more rarely my takeoff alternates?

It's just too much to be worried about.

If an airport uses a dodgy way to make things work, i vote with my wallet - No purchase. At least until things stabilize.

EDDT was the very last purchase in these conditions and i already regret it.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Have similar feeling about Aerosoft airports.

Bought their Oslo - numerous issues - lack of any support or interest.

That was my first and so far last airport from Aerosoft.

Artur 

Like you already seen by now Rob you're far from the only one with issues with the new EDDT scenery.

I had the exact same problem as you experienced and I also found other issues. I've reported all of them in the Aerosoft support forum so let's hope there will be a swift fix considering the amount of people with issues using this new scenery or even trying to install it and getting P3D to run after installing it...

I decided to restore my system to the state before installing the scenery to make sure I got rid of any traces of it until the issues have been addressed.

Richard Åsberg

That new Berlin is bad. Performance is atrocious. Uninstalled it and went back to the old version

The head of Aerosoft said he will be having a meeting next Monday to discuss the issues with this scenery so let's keep our fingers crossed the outcome will be good and that a new version where the issues have been fixed is around the corner.

Richard Åsberg

Rob,

As far as the SODE issues go, that little problem wasn't created by Aerosoft but rather they were a victim as well.  As a fairly experienced Program Manager for hardware and software, I can understand (and condemn) how this occurred.  I also roger up to the accountability role, but in this case Aerosoft really had no idea that future versions of SODE would not be backwards compatible. This happens from time to time with new tech. Hopefully (fingers crossed) this won't be an issue in the futur

Always nice to hear from you on issues Rob, and I certainly respect your input and the accompanying knowledge level.

Best wishes my friend

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks for the responses.

I was able to determine the problem, EDDT Berlin install doesn't check to see if there might be any APController.exe entries in other EXE.XML locations (ProgramData... vs. AppData\Roaming...) that were created by other Aerosoft airports installs.  Very similar to the issue with SODE not checking for other versions of SODE and installing in different folders.

I removed the APController.exe from the EXE.XML entry in AppData\Roaming and that cleared the error ... no idea if this will impact the other Aerosoft airport that installed APController.exe into AppData\Roaming ... unfortunately I have no idea what Aerosoft airport installed the APController.exe version in AppData\Roaming?

This is certainly an issue that would fall directly under Mathijs management, I can't imagine this problem is good for business and does need to be controlled.

But once I solved this issue, it was sadly short lived solution as I OOM'd (my first unprovoked OOM since P3D V2.5) within 30 seconds of takeoff (and I was running what I consider a VAS friendly settings that usually provide about 1GB free VAS at other complex airports).  Performance was not great 23-25 FPS (I can live with that), but there was also a 1-2 second pause during my takeoff rollout.

It looks like Aerosoft forum is back up and running, so I'll post my experience with EDDT over there ... I hope Mathijs can come up with a solution.  I can see what needs to happen, any newer installers need to be more intelligent and aware of prior Aerosoft products or other vendors products that use SODE and/or APController.  I don't think it will serve him well to have users solve problems via manual edits of XML files and copy files around (that probably creates more problems than it solves).

On a more positive note, the airport does look nice.

Cheers, Rob.

I removed the APController.exe from the EXE.XML entry in AppData\Roaming

... that was my guess. Strange though that you now suffer from an OEM, but Pete Dowson and others are also affected:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/111228-vas-usage-new-eddt/&page=2

I will hold back buying the new Tegel. I am still enjoying the old one, which still looks pretty good.

Regards,

Chris

--