Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

So I bought Xplane 10...

Bought xplane recently as well. The lack of blurries on its own is a reason enough to buy it.

Having a Huey on DCS too, i woudn't mind getting a chopper too. Right now i am tempted both by the 412 and the Bell 407.

• Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Bought xplane recently as well. The lack of blurries on its own is a reason enough to buy it.

Having a Huey on DCS too, i woudn't mind getting a chopper too. Right now i am tempted both by the 412 and the Bell 407.

Can't speak on the 412 but the 407 is phenomenal.

• Upvote 1

Right now i am tempted both by the 412 and the Bell 407.

Both are quite good.  My favorite is the Dreamfoil R22, but I tend to like it because it's small and simple. Plus I just enjoy wheeling it out to the flight line. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Both 407 and 412 are superb. 412 is easier to fly.

• Upvote 1

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Thank you guys, i'll think about it. Do they get on sale from time to time? Might wait or keep checking x-plane.org until i find them on sales :)

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

But... if you're REALLY serious about X-Plane 10, do yourself a favour...:

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

To go slightly off on a tangent,  I am really looking forward to the Nvidia 1080. I think the new single-pass perspective correction for multi-screen games is huge, especially for flight-sim fans on tighter budgets -- and you don't have to deal with a lot of the complexities of having to sync data across multiple computers.

But, if you have the budget, you can't beat the performance of 3 separate computers dedicated to driving the display.

Thank you guys, i'll think about it. Do they get on sale from time to time? Might wait or keep checking x-plane.org until i find them on sales :)

Not sure about the 412, I don't think I've ever seen it on a .org daily sale, but I *think* the 407 is in rotation on the daily sales, and I know the DF 206 and R22 are.

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

The next big sale on x-plane.org is JULY 4TH. I am waiting to buy Airfoillabs Cessna 172SP and FlightFactor B767.

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Guest jlindbe

For those running P3D and XP are you getting similar frames, or does one platform perform better at similar settings?

For those running P3D and XP are you getting similar frames, or does one platform perform better at similar settings?

That's a tricky question, in my opinion.

Regarding aircraft, in general I get better performance in X-Plane than in FSX or P3D. But it comes down to individual developers and their methods, and the results aren't as predictable as one would guess. For example, I get better performance in the IXEG 737 than any aircraft of similar complexity or size in FSX or P3D, but I get far better performance with the A2A 172 than with the AirfoilLabs 172.  So kind of hit or miss, but I'd say on average it's in favor of XP.

Regarding scenery, I'd say I get better performance in X-Plane, since I can tell it's doing far more.  More objects, more trees, more lighting, crisp textures and mesh at distance.  I can also turn up traffic higher with less hit than in FSX or P3D as well.

But the one area where FSX leaves XP in the dust is clouds. It's not just that the depiction of clouds is inferior to what we have with addon clouds and weather engines in FSX, but any significant amount of cumulus clouds absolutely kills X-Plane performance if you have very much AA applied.

Apart from that major issue, I'd say yes, I do get better performance in X-Plane.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Similar frames, but whenever P3D "looks" better at pair settings, XP10 runs smoother (more constant frame rate, no hesitation, no major stutters).

The next big sale on x-plane.org is JULY 4TH. I am waiting to buy Airfoillabs Cessna 172SP and FlightFactor B767.

Finally!  The Jardesign A330 never goes on sale. Ive been eyeing it forever it seems. I assume this is a general sale on everything and not developer specific?

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Finally!  The Jardesign A330 never goes on sale. Ive been eyeing it forever it seems. I assume this is a general sale on everything and not developer specific?

Last time I saw on everything, but I bought my Jardesign A330 for $45,71 at Black Friday. :smile:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |