Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

So I bought Xplane 10...

After all our hobby is supporting flight simulation as a whole. We shouldnt be against one another with a bunch of A vs B vs C but rather be supportive. Its what drives the whole hobby forward.

Couldn't agree more.

This said, I find this type of threads very amusing. They tend to emerge in a certain cycle (and whenever they emerge, I can't resist to write that I find them amusing...). For months, it's rather quite in the X-Plane forums. Then, something big happens, that manages to attract some new users, incl. people from the FSX/P3D community. In the past, examples have been the update to 64 bit, or SimHeaven photo textures with OSM-buildings on top, then World-2-X-Plane, and now it is the IXEG 737. There is a lot of excitement, people claiming "finally X-Plane is on par with the others" or "I'll change to X-Plane now", while others point out that "X-Plane isn't quite there yet". Then the pros and cons of the different platforms are discussed, and finally people tend to agree that it's best to stick with both platforms, to get the best of both worlds.  :smile:

A good indicator for the cycles is, in my opinion, José aka JComm, aka The Uninstaller. Whenever he's active here, you can tell we are at a peak. When he goes flying other sims, we're at a low. (Please don't take my post too seriously...  :wink: )

• Upvote 3

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Speaking of which 10.50 idea of filling the airports with static AI is a lousy idea.

I fully agree - Austin's entire "plausible world" concept is a step in a direction I really dislike.

I don't want scenery that's "sort of correct looking".

Speaking of which 10.50 idea of filling the airports with static AI is a lousy idea. Much rather have a dynamic airport with real world aircraft flying real world routes in their real world times. Hope this can be turned off instead of editing each and every airport to remove the statics.

Actually, the whole point of the 'static' aircraft update in 10.50 is to allow airport developers to simply create parking spots, which will then fill dynamically with what you could consider to be 'non-moving' AI, rather than the developer placing static aircraft that are always going to be there. Hard to say how it will shake out, but the intent is to give the end user another option.

In a perfect world, we'd have smart, working flying AI with zero impact on framerates, in the sim by default... but I consider this an excellent stopgap measure.

• Upvote 2

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

One thing that stands out to me in X-Plane which I still haven't seen in any aircraft for FSX/P3D, is how smooth the gauges are. Even in the best payware aircraft for FSX, you always get a sense that you are just looking at a digital representation of a mechanical gauge. Whereas in X-Plane, particularly the new IXEG 737, you really feel like you're looking at a smooth electro-mechanical gauge, the way the needles move and the numbers scroll so fluidly. Steam cockpits are just amazing in X-Plane.

• Upvote 6

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

One thing that stands out to me in X-Plane which I still haven't seen in any aircraft for FSX/P3D, is how smooth the gauges are. Even in the best payware aircraft for FSX, you always get a sense that you are just looking at a digital representation of a mechanical gauge. Whereas in X-Plane, particularly the new IXEG 737, you really feel like you're looking at a smooth electro-mechanical gauge, the way the needles move and the numbers scroll so fluidly. Steam cockpits are just amazing in X-Plane.

Check out the FJS aircraft, truly impressive. Jack is streaming right now his 727 update work. FlyingJackal

my favorite is the ixeg 737, jardesign a330, rotate md80 and the flight factor 767, i could spend days with these planes.

I looked at the flyJsim 727 but still undecided about it.

my favorite is the ixeg 737, jardesign a330, rotate md80 and the flight factor 767, i could spend days with these planes.

I looked at the flyJsim 727 but still undecided about it.

It's on sale now and if you get the complete version it's only $10 for an upgrafe and there will be a ton of new features added.

• Upvote 1

I just complete the transition! Completely uninstalled P3D and add ons and now only have XP10.45 in a dedicated SSD. 

I'm very happy with it. Just completed the initial setup process, and now with must have plugins and add ons like Skymaxx Pro v3, Real Weather Connector, NOAA, X-Camera, Head-Shake, and for sure IXEG 737 XP looks incredible. Fly at night is 1000000 superior to FSX/P3D. And always is smooooooth as butter. 

• Upvote 2

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

It's on sale now and if you get the complete version it's only $10 for an upgrafe and there will be a ton of new features added.

thanks for the heads up.i just grabbed pilot2atc with a cycle of navdata pro, i am looking forward to using it with the ixeg 737.

thanks for the heads up.i just grabbed pilot2atc with a cycle of navdata pro, i am looking forward to using it with the ixeg 737.

I would buy P2A, if the interface would be built in instead of running in the background. The way VoxATC does it.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

And always is smooooooth as butter

That is one of the great things about XP, once you set it up right based on you hardware spec, the butter smooth experience is just not matched. This and the fact that blurries are non-existent keeps me locked-in with XP and away from using up my SSD space with P3D.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

P2A has to connect to x-plane through xuipc.is that what you are talking about?

No, I think he means that there's a totally separate window for it vs. it integrating in the sim somehow.

• Upvote 1

the 2.0 beta version runs in a windows over the sim, but i understand what he is saying, i am using 3 monitors, i don't think about that if someone is on a single monitor, i run effass on my second screen and p2a on the 3rd screen, makes up for a great experience with x-plane.anyone not using more than one screen should consider at least a second screen. multitasking is great.