Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

How big of an impact has SGSS on P3D?

I find 2x DSR combined with regular 2X MSAA inside P3D does a slightly better job than 2x SGSS at eliminating shimmering while also performing slightly better. The drawback is that your entire desktop gets smaller due to the scaling, which can be annoying if you Alt+Tab out of the sim.

With my GTX 970, 4x DSR or SGSS is not viable with the settings I use, due to the stuttering. I could probably back down on a few settings in order to use 4x, but I prefer to drop to 2x and keep my settings higher. It's not "perfect", but it's good enough, especially when the cost of "perfect" is at least $700 in a faster video card.

There is way to circumvent that stuttering by setting maximum pre rendered frames to 1. The cost is some very slight input lag in extremely dense clouds.

I run the 4xSGSS because I just couldn't take the jaggies looking at my aircraft wings and edges of the runway etc.
Will P3D ever do away with this problem?  The poor anti alias is the biggest let down for me coming from FSX.  Yes I know that this is inherent with DX11, but seriously, no hope?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

It should certainly be possible to improve the situation, but the improvements would have to come from P3D itself since most traditional methods we used with DX9 no longer work.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

It should certainly be possible to improve the situation, but the improvements would have to come from P3D itself since most traditional methods we used with DX9 no longer work.

Setting maximum pre rendered frames in Nvidia control panel and NVI still works as normal.