Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

My P3D v3.2.3 night is way too pitch black...

...can anybody suggest a good setting for the .cfg file to lighten up night somewhat...so at least to see some airport detail, as you do in FSX. 

Am I right, that you edit this line to brighten up the night;

TONEMAP_NIGHT_EXPOSURE_KEY=0.130000

Has anybody changed the stock numerical above?

Thanks..

nobody has lightened up the night in P3D v3.2?

or..nobody has touched this .cfg line?

BUMP!

Nights in planes are usually very very dark...

That's the challenge.

Being a real pilot, I personally enjoy that it's currently well represented so I haven't done any tweaks to lighten things, sorry.

Your an anomaly Mitch, you like your days dark and your night light, lol.

You could always test that line you suggested and if it doesn't work then easily revert to the stock level.

Worst case scenario, just up the brightness on you monitor or through the nVidia control panel when flying at night. I actually use NickN's nVidia control panel for night flying where I set the brightness at 40 and contrast at 60, although that makes the night even darker, but you could do the opposite to make it a little brighter.

Don't forget that the flying with a full moon will be brighter in the sim than flying on a night with no moon.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You could always test that line you suggested and if it doesn't work then easily revert to the stock level.

Worst case scenario, just up the brightness on you monitor or through the nVidia control panel when flying at night. I actually use NickN's nVidia control panel for night flying where I set the brightness at 40 and contrast at 60, although that makes the night even darker, but you could do the opposite to make it a little brighter.

Don't forget that the flying with a full moon will be brighter in the sim than flying on a night with no moon.

True...guilty as charged...LOL...True...and thanks for the tips...and for everybody's comeback.  I might have to just get used to how PITCH BLACK, lol it is...I have to put on a flashlight to see my hand...LOLOLOLOL.....

Cheers,

BTW, does anybody know what this line does in the .cfg?  I might play around with it....double , or half the default setting...see how it affects the sim.