Sign in to follow this  
Shane_Strong

GoFlight and Windows 10 and P3D

Hi Everyone, I recently purchased some Goflight Panels , 2x p8, 1x 166, 1x46, 1xt8, I run windows 10 with the most current p3d.

I have been trying to get these working and it seems I can get some parts working some not at different times.

Can anyone link me to a tutorial or info on how to get theses set up and working?

I have GIT and the newest Goflight interface software.

Thanks

PM Rob Ainscough, he went through a similar situation but got it all working in the end.

Hi

Check out pollypot software , new one released for xplane , I use it works perfect.

Think theres more info on front page of avsim

Mhazy

Make sure the panels all have good power; I use a powered USB hub that connects my Goflight gear to USB 2.0 socket on the motherboard.

I've heard that Saitek panels don't work properly when connected to USB 3.0 ports, what revision of USB port are you plugging the Goflight modules into?

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Hi Gordon, they are in usb 2.0 they do there start up tests ok and i can get them working moderatly well at different points  my gf-46 seems to be having the most trouble rotarty and push button does not seem to be reconized

Shane ....

I have had this issue ever since I changed to Win 10 months ago ... No problems at all using Win 7

I'm using the new GoFlight driver/software but alas still struggling with this!!

I'm at a loss what to try next

Paul

Hi Gordon, they are in usb 2.0 they do there start up tests ok and i can get them working moderatly well at different points  my gf-46 seems to be having the most trouble rotarty and push button does not seem to be reconized

Are your Goflight units the older black modules or the newer grey ones.

I've also heard of folks having issues with rotaries on the older black unit.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Shane ....

I have had this issue ever since I changed to Win 10 months ago ... No problems at all using Win 7

I'm using the new GoFlight driver/software but alas still struggling with this!!

I'm at a loss what to try next

Paul

Hi Paul,

I answered this for Shane over at my forum: http://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/support/forum.html#/discussion/362/gf-t8-programing-lights

The post refers to the T8, but it applies to any Windows 8/10 GoFlight devices with non-working displays/LED's .

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Hi Steve

Ahhh thank you for that ..... I will try this tomorrow and let you know how I got on

Cheers Steve

Paul

Hey Paul,  this worked for my T8 I didnt know about unplugging it before using the win8 fix.

now I am onto trying to figure out why my gf-46 is not working, think I am onto it.

I have 6 things plugged into one usb powered hub and I dont think it has enough power.

when I unplug my gf-166 the gf-46 will work go figure lol

ordering a new powered usb hub :) see if that works.

and thanks to Steve for his help and to John over a goflight.

Shane

Hi Shane,

Per my PM response, sounds like you might want to spread the GF load out across multiple powered USB hubs ... I linked you to the USB hubs I've had  success with, but in one of the GF text files (from driver GF software install) their is a list of their recommended hubs - the list is pretty old.

I prefer hubs that have 2500mA power supplies.  Don't use 10 port HUBs as most of those really only have 7 ports and the other 3 ports are limited (and not powered).  The Sabrent 13 port HUB is actually two 7 port HUBs combined into a single unit with 1 port used to connect internally to it's 2nd hub, hence the two power switches on the hub and only 13 ports available.

You also need to be aware of USB cable length/quality, use the shortest length possible and best quality cables possible.  Do NOT use cable length extenders and avoid using very long cables.  Do NOT use USB 3.0 ports.

Sounds like you already ran the GFWindows8Fixer, so next stop will be another powered HUB and see if that works for you.  

I use a dedicated PCIe USB 2.0 card since my motherboard only has two USB 2.0 ports and all the rest are USB 3.0.  USB 3.0 ports can work with GF, but how Intel implemented some features of USB 3.0 on their chipset results in quickly hitting a device limit (usually around 12 devices max - any device, not just GF).

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Rob.

Powered USB hubs are my next try :) also I forgot to add what Rob had pmed me which also helped :)

Going goflight was more expensive then I first thought :) lol

Shane

Anyone that owns more than 1 piece of GF hardware eventually runs into these kinds of problems with a newer PC. Hopefully some day they start using 3.0 or 3.1 as a standard. It can provide more power than 2.0, USB 3.0 is 2008 technology and 2.0 is Y2K....