Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

P3Dv# Harware for a smooth high quality experience

Having come from FSX where I was happy with a smooth flowing scenery, mostly set to the max, I have been a little disappointed with tmy initial experience with P3D. I realise I need to spend time with those sliders. My issue is micro stutters. Very slight but they are there. Tried many things with the various sliders but they don't get eliminated completely. I feel that my FSX ran smoother and on lesser hardware.

My question: seriously thinking of upgrading my GTX780 Ti Overclocked Edition with 3GB RAM for a GTX 980Ti Overclocked Edition with 6 GB RAM. Currently on special, but still not cheap! Will I derive much benefit from this in P3D?

By the way, my CPU is an i7 6700K (running at 4.ghz, not overclocked (yet) and I have 16 GB DDR4 3000 RAM if that makes much difference. My monitor is a single 27 inch unit with 2560 x 1440 resolution.

Thanks!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Having come from FSX where I was happy with a smooth flowing scenery, mostly set to the max, I have been a little disappointed with tmy initial experience with P3D. I realise I need to spend time with those sliders. My issue is micro stutters. Very slight but they are there. Tried many things with the various sliders but they don't get eliminated completely. I feel that my FSX ran smoother and on lesser hardware.

My question: seriously thinking of upgrading my GTX780 Ti Overclocked Edition with 3GB RAM for a GTX 980Ti Overclocked Edition with 6 GB RAM. Currently on special, but still not cheap! Will I derive much benefit from this in P3D?

By the way, my CPU is an i7 6700K (running at 4.ghz, not overclocked (yet) and I have 16 GB DDR4 3000 RAM if that makes much difference. My monitor is a single 27 inch unit with 2560 x 1440 resolution.

Thanks!

It will make a bit of a difference considering your monitor is 1440p

But I think you'd gain more by overclocking that CPU first.

The GPU won't give you any significative advantage: i changed my GTX780 (non Ti) ... for a GTX980Ti and I barely noticed any difference in fps (you can pump up a bit more the textures resolution.. but that's it) ...and I'm running 1600p (so the GPU would have played a role.. but nothing).

While the CPU overclocking can give a better performance for sure... (ie: OC it to 4.4 / 4.6ghz).