Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

EZCA "Application can not run..." driving me crazy

Hi all,

EZCA is not working anymore, all of a sudden.

I am getting this "Application can not run "message when launching P3D v3.2.

I have tried EVERY possible thing to fix it to no avail and I'm seriously getting crazy:

1) EZCA Uninstall + full registry cleaning + new install of EZdok-Setup-1.18.7.exe

2) Admin rights to both EZCA.exe and config.exe.

3) Installed old EZCA versions with all the bells and whistles (...) that go with these installs.

4) Antivirus disabled, Lasso disabled (who knows?), numerous reboots between each steps (who knows?), Win 10 restored to previous state.

5) EZCA manual launching, via exe.cfg or via FSUIPC: same problem.

6) Tried to unregister/register from the option menu.

Actually, the only fix I see is a complete reinstall of Windows (yes, a "simple" P3D reinstall won't help) and that's making me mad because P3D is working like a charm with its ton of addons. 

ANY "LAST CHANCE" IDEA WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

Thanks in advance :-)

H5ZkTW.png

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

David, run the EZCA configuration tool and under options un-register the components and then re register them.

After that choose configure FSX files from the main form.

Reinstalling windows to fix a problem like this is like replacing  your engine and transmission to fix a flat tire. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

David, do you have your keyboard frustration sensor off?

Probably is an EZCA problem would be my guess Dave.

I would go to their forum if they have one. The simforum for them states that they support p3d v3.1.2.

I don't use it, but maybe it came unglued with the latest version of p3d.

Bob

works fine in P3dv3.2, it's just that the programs components are not in his registry.

Running the configuration tool to register them will fix that.

Did that as well Glynn, it didn't help.

So weird! EZCA was working fine with v3.2 until now.

Reinstalling windows to fix a problem like this is like replacing  your engine and transmission to fix a flat tire. 

Agree but what do you suggest Bob? 

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

System restore back to a point where it was working may be an option.

I'm sure you have tried this David already and i know its a long shot But what about your Simconnects.  

Also,  Confirm you have all these files 

25615607463_84f7d3f718_o.png

Or even these 

Located here:  Prepar3D v3 ► redist ► Interface.  Click into each one, Click into lib.  Right Click and Install

25517006773_5146499c0b_o.png

Like i said its along shot,  You never know though 

Thank you Elaine.

Unfortunately, all the above is checked and no improvement.

Best regards,
David Roch

When I ran across this, it was because you need to run the EZCA config.exe as administrator, otherwise it silently does not make the configuration changes you specified.

Cheers!

David Haynes

2) Admin rights to both EZCA.exe and config.exe.

Yes, That would of been my first check as well, but I think David has checked this already

Yes.

I am dealing with this issue for 3 days now.

I really believe I've tried every possible thing.

Too bad to reinstall Windows for Ezca.

Best regards,
David Roch

Before doing that David - try this program - Regscanner - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/regscanner.html.

Uninstall EZCA

Search for anything having to do with EZCA and delete it from the registry

Reinstall EZCA - cross fingers.

I'm thinking you have something left over in the registry that's preventing you from moving forward.

Might be worth a try.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thank you Vic, I've crossed my 10 fingers (very difficult to do, don' try it!) but it didn't help.

I've cleaned the registry again from all EZCA/EZDOK entries with Regscanner and CCleaner and also deleted F1 licence file.

New fresh EZCA install from F1 wrapper >> same problem.

Ouch!!

Best regards,
David Roch