Sign in to follow this  
warning23

Fsx 4 monitors and three tablets

So im trying to build myself a nice multimonitor setup at home for practice.

I have 2 1680x1050 monitors at home laying around doing nothing and my idea is to add another one same resol to put three in landscape for outside view cockpit and another below 17" 1440x900 for the PFD/MFD.

on top of that i would put a hig 12" tablet probably different reol for the overhead buttons, a 7" tablet for the FMS and another 10" 1920x1080 for any buttons i need to press rapidly in case of a simulated Emergency.

Is it possible to do all this with all these different Reolutions? I would use a gygabite geforce 750 with 2 hdmi ports and two dvi ports. I believe the tablets would be connected through usb as 5th, 6th and 7th monitor

I believe the tablets would be connected through usb as 5th, 6th and 7th monitor

I don't understand this part. What do you mean by 'tablet'? You can connect Android or iPad tablets over WiFi if you have suitable apps for them. But if you are thinking of using USB monitors such as those from Mimo my advice would be to forget it. Get another graphics card and run an extra two or three VGA monitors from that instead. Different resolutions are no problem, Windows copes just fine with that.

Your basic 3+1 setup should work fine and your resolutions are modest. You will need to use nvidia 2D Surround for the 3-screen setup.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thanks a lot for the answer.

I thought there where apps to connect the touch screen Tablet to Windows via usbs and could work as black screen in fsx where you could dock 2d views of the panels, for example an overhead.

Why i want them to be touchscreen is for facility of use in emergency.

For example in an A320 touching the screen to press the appropiate buttons for the ECAM.

Another example is the FMDCU but this is easy because there are dedicated apps for this feature without turning the Tablet into another monitor.

So today i received the 750ti and was doing some testing.

Surround appears to work untill i connect the old nvidia 275. When driver updated the surround stops working and one of the surround displays stops working for surround function

Any ideas??