Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Select France VFR 30% off at SimMarket

http://secure.simmarket.com/france-vfr.mhtml

Honestly, I don't know much about FranceVFR stuff, though, I've always been curious about it.  30% off seems like a good (and needed) discount as they can be pricey.  Is the quality worth it?  Framerates?  Anybody have any of these?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I guess these aren't very popular?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Have looked at the product several times but price and the small size of each package put me off. Perhaps for those living in France it is a more attractive business proposition.

Gordon

Have looked at the product several times but price and the small size of each package put me off. Perhaps for those living in France it is a more attractive business proposition.

Gordon

I have to say, it's been similar for me as well.  Also, I have difficulty telling which regions are done with autogen and which aren't.  The Paris one looks interesting and very well done but the framerate might be a problem.  Still, a joy to look at...

Gregg Seipp

That is simply stunning, how I would love to have the whole world in that level of detail..

ZORAN

Also, I have difficulty telling which regions are done with autogen and which aren't.

Me too. Paris looks amazing but is it photoreal or generic autogen or is it both i.e. photoreal 3D. Looks like the latter (would be nice). I have Earth Simulations Isle of Man which has photoreal 3D and at full settings it does hammer the FPS.

I also agree with your comment about a confusing product line up. A revision of the web site making things clearer and better descriptions would help.

Gordon

Me too. Paris looks amazing but is it photoreal or generic autogen or is it both i.e. photoreal 3D. Looks like the latter (would be nice). I have Earth Simulations Isle of Man which has photoreal 3D and at full settings it does hammer the FPS.

It's like Isle of Man.  The ones with 'Automation' are photoreal with objects placed on them.  I think they have about 5...Normandie, Calais, this Paris one and a couple more. 

Gregg Seipp

I am using VFR France's Guadeloupe and Martinique sceneries for years and it is ASTOUNDING!!

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Gotta agree, looks really nice, but I can't justify spending that much money (even at the discount price) for such a reduced area. Will probably spend my $ elsewhere...

I used almost all of the France VFR products (except the photoscenery) in my FS9 days and I have to say that the quality was excellent. They produced detailed scenery with vast amounts of customised autogen for quite a few French regions mainly in the south of France, but also the French Alps and some areas in northern France, as well as detailed scenery for the greater Paris area. All of these were excellent and indeed were the equivalent of flying using Orbx scenery in FS9 - there was nothing of comparable quality in the day.

I decided not to install the France VFR regional scenery products in FSX however, partially because they are expensive but also because I felt the Orbx OpenLC EUR scenery seemed to be a good replacement. I do however augment the Open LC scenery by using Truelandscape France and Obstacles and Landmarks France, both of which are also in the current sale and which I can recommend strongly. Truelandscape France is also compatible with OpenLC EUR with a few small modifications to Orbx files, details of which are available in the forums.

In addition, I have installed all of the France VFR airports to FSX and I can highly recommend these as being of excellent quality and they are now available at very cheap prices in the sale.