Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

IXEG 737

Hi PMDG, just wondering if you've tried the IXEG 737 and what do you think? Will the NGX be ported over?

I've flown only the IXEG since release date and boy, is it addictive!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I don't use X-Plane, but I've watched some videos on the IXEG 737 and have to say it looks amazing

Hope you X-Plane users will get the PMDG 737NGX some day.

They are using the DC-6 as a learning platform (test-bed) into X-Plane. 

Possibly an airliner will be ported over after that. There's no confirmations though, for all I know.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I am extremely impressed with the IXEG 737.

Future is going to be very interesting indeed..

If Xplane take this oppurtunity to really develop the visuals, and user interface, it has all the hallmarkings to take over the P3d dominance and we can finally forget talking about licences

• Upvote 6

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I am extremely impressed with the IXEG 737.

Future is going to be very interesting indeed..

If Xplane take this oppurtunity to really develop the visuals, and user interface, it has all the hallmarkings to take over the P3d dominance and we can finally forget talking about licences

Is that hope or expectation? Once PMDG release the 747 V2 and FSLabs release their A320 the fanfare over the IXEG 737 will die down. I doubt Xplane will ever be bigger than the ESP platform.

David Thwaites

FSLabs release their A320

Your lifetime or mine?

• Upvote 3

NAX669.png

PMDG JS41

PMDG MD11

PMDG B744

Leonardo MD80

Feelthere E135 / Feelthere E145

Wilco E170 / Wilco E190

Qualitywings RJ1H

Already in the FSX hangar and running fine

A2A P28A

A2A C182

A2A PA24

Realair LEG2

Realair BE60

Razbam SW4

Majestic DH8D

PMDG B737NG

PMDG B777

Aerosoft A320

Already in the FSX-SE / P3D hanger and operating well

Majestic DH8C

iTG B717

FSlabs A320

Aerosoft A330

Qualitywings B787

PMDG B744v2

Awaiting release.

Xplane has a fair way to go. Especially in the "Fully functioning FMS/autoflight" department.

I'd list aircraft that fit that bill as:

IXEG B733

Specifically I'd put the Rotatesim MD80 in a "Still has plenty of room for improvement" category still well short of the 2008 Leonardo Maddog MD80.

And from "Best to worst",

IXEG B733

Rotatesim MD80

Everything else Xplane has to offer.

It's good Xplane finally has 1 plane in the "Good enough to list here" category. all my opinion of course!

(disclaimer: PMDG B744x, Level-D B763 and Aerosoft A320 are in my "Almost aren't good enough to list here" category, along with the RotateSim MD80)

The Wilco/Feelthere products have missing details, but I find the experience of flying them close to on par with Aerosoft's A320, so if Aerosoft gets a mention, so should they.

RealityXP GNS430/GNS540 and Flight1 GTN650 push the GA products well into the "very interesting indeed" category.

Rotatesim MD80

If you're going to mention the rotate MD-80 then you would have to mention the Flight Factor 767-300. It's pretty close to the same class as the IXEG 737. Every sim has its' strengths and weaknesses. I've never quite understood the mindset that it had to be one or the other.

• Upvote 7

NAX669.png

Xplane has a fair way to go. Especially in the "Fully functioning FMS/autoflight" department.

I'd list aircraft that fit that bill as:

IXEG B733

Specifically I'd put the Rotatesim MD80 in a "Still has plenty of room for improvement" category still well short of the 2008 Leonardo Maddog MD80.

You should do a bit more research as ALL of the Flight Factor aircraft have a more functional autoflight and FMC than the IXEG and most assuredly the MD-80. As someone who owns basically all the high end XP addons I can assure you the IXEG has only something approaching a "Fully functioning FMS/autoflight" but it's missing several key features. Maybe in a month or 2 will it be feature complete.

• Upvote 2

If you're going to mention the rotate MD-80 then you would have to mention the Flight Factor 767-300. It's pretty close to the same class as the IXEG 737. Every sim has its' strengths and weaknesses. I've never quite understood the mindset that it had to be one or the other.

Agree Mike, it is a sad matter of maturity...I have 3 Sims running, pick and choose whatever I wish since I have invested in all at one point or another, but it does not detract from the interesting question from the OP...

• Upvote 3

Nice visuals. Almost PMDG quality! =@

Before I used to compare to PMDG, Level-D Simulations etc and ask, is "insert any product for comparison" better than the PMDG?

Now I've learnt that is not the correct approach. The question to ask is, citing Jeremy Clarkson, "Is it any good?"

The IXEG 737 is a great airplane on its own right, in absolute terms. Sure there's things that need polishing here and there, but the truth is that as of now it's a solid product. As are many other products developed for X-Plane 10.

I don't think that immediately rejecting anything because "it's far from PMDG level" is a healthy idea for this hobby. We need an open mind people! Otherwise developers won't bother.

• Upvote 2

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I don't use X-Plane, but I've watched some videos on the IXEG 737 and have to say it looks amazing

Hope you X-Plane users will get the PMDG 737NGX some day.

Well,actually Tony, I do have P3D and FSX, but when you see what X-Plane has to offer - what's an OOM again? Sure, there are learning curves, like any application.

• Upvote 2

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Well,actually Tony, I do have P3D and FSX, but when you see what X-Plane has to offer - what's an OOM again? Sure, there are learning curves, like any application.

I have Xplane as well as P3D. I've had more Xplane CTD's than P3D OOM's (I've only ever OOM'd once with P3D V3). As far as I can see all Xplane has to offer is a 64 bit platform but for me P3D looks way better with the likes of Orbx etc installed. And now IXEG have released their 737, which isn't really a finished product, apart from PMDG's DC6 what else high fidelity is on the horizon? Time and time again people talk about Xplane being the future but after three years I just don't see that.

David Thwaites

Before I used to compare to PMDG, Level-D Simulations etc and ask, is "insert any product for comparison" better than the PMDG?

Now I've learnt that is not the correct approach. The question to ask is, citing Jeremy Clarkson, "Is it any good?"

The IXEG 737 is a great airplane on its own right, in absolute terms. Sure there's things that need polishing here and there, but the truth is that as of now it's a solid product. As are many other products developed for X-Plane 10.

I don't think that immediately rejecting anything because "it's far from PMDG level" is a healthy idea for this hobby. We need an open mind people! Otherwise developers won't bother.

If we accept everything as we do now the developers will not bother to complete their aircraft which is the case of most aircraft now which are at best beta products.

Harry Woodrow