Sign in to follow this  
denali

Look Mom, no Mouse Look ... ?

Anyone have any idea why mouse look in P3D 2.3, most recent release, would stop working with no changes done to the sim? I press the space bar and I see the crosshairs, but no response to mouse movement.  Files I could look in? I uninstalled a registered version of FSUIPC, no luck

Hi Denali,

This may sound a little weird but .... if your mouse is cordless try a new battery ... could be as simple as that.

I am in Indonesia where a battery lasts about twenty minutes (quality problem) and the first time it happened to me, I was completely baffled for a day or so and spent fruitless hours chasing up and researching remedies before I discovered the resolution.

This may or may not be your problem but surely worth a try and the symptoms are exactly as you describe but my pointer also froze and I thought it was a computer problem initially.

If it is not your problem, I discovered nothing in my researching that would have solved the problem.

Good luck

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

This is my mouse.  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFOEY3Y/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687742&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003VAM32E&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=14CDZ77RR6GAQV74GGQF

It is cordless, but its very power hungry, so I have it plugged in with a 1' USB cable to my Yoke, 

http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-CES432100002-02-Flight-Cessna/dp/B0058FAEAS ,  which has ports on the right side.  I'm using either Eneloop or PowerEX batteries, so that's probably not the issue.  Also, it works in Windows in general, and being digital and all I don't think it's going to have an analog "kind of on but not really" kind of problem.  Thanks for the idea though.

I haven't been simming in a while, and this showed up after a couple of months not touching P3D.  I guess I'm going to refresh the OS, as I broke something else too (IRST), although I can't see how that can be related.  

After taking a break, one can really see how nice Prepar3d has become.  It's quite a treasure. Thanks to everyone here, this community, that keeps pushing that envelope.