Must say, quite nice! And at a good price as well. Maybe a yoke later? 

tfrp-rudder_3.jpg

S.M.A.R.T: the innovative technology that makes all the difference

TFRP-Rudder_1.jpgResponding to demand from the community of flight sim fans, Thrustmaster is thrilled to be launching its new rudder: the TFRP Rudder Pedals. This innovative rudder system provides perfect control in any type of flight scenario (including aerial combat, space adventure, civil flight, etc.), and is very aggressively priced at less than €100 – making it accessible to all users. It features two pedals incorporating Thrustmaster’s own highly specific and innovative S.M.A.R.T (Sliding Motion Advanced Rail Track) technology. The TFRP features 4 slide rails crafted of industrial-grade anodized aluminum. The rails’ unique design ensures totally smooth sliding motion, working in conjunction with a self-centering rudder axis: the combination of these two elements provides the perfect balance between smoothness and resistance for re-centering. Thanks to the very long range of travel on the rudder axis, the result is an extremely precise steering control mechanism for perfectly-proportioned maneuvers. The length of the range of travel, combined with the smoothness of Thrustmaster’s proprietary S.M.A.R.T technology, allows pilots to activate the rudder with just the right amount of intensity – and jolt-free sliding action – for maneuvers that are completely precise.

Super-versatile ergonomic design

IllustrationSmart-2.jpgTo get the most out of the built-in S.M.A.R.T technology, the TFRP Rudder Pedals system features large 10-inch/25-cm pedals, each with a removable heel-rest. By removing the heel-rest, the pilot can control the rudder pedal using the ball of his or her foot, heel on the floor; while with the heel-rest in place, the pilot can rest his or her entire foot on the pedal. This versatility is a definite advantage in terms of easily adapting to different flying styles. What’s more, the unit features a large base with an inclined design, for enhanced comfort and stability. With its dual USB and/or proprietary RJ12 connectivity, the TFRP is compatible on PC (Windows® 10/8/7/Vista) with all joysticks on the market in games supporting multi-USB and rudders. On PS4™, the TFRP is compatible with the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 joystick.

Two high-performance differential brake pedals

IllustrationSmart.jpgAn important aspect of the TFRP is its differential braking ability – made possible by two pedals, each of which includes a rounded central pivot with a central grip. The pedals’ pivot angle features a 15° range of travel: on an incline for deliberate activation, avoiding inadvertent activation when using the rudder.

Two applications for full customization possibilities

target.jpgIn order to allow users to fully customize their TFRP Rudder Pedals, two free applications are available for download from http://ts.thrustmaster.com. The first is an advanced calibration tool, allowing users to adjust the central dead zone on the rudder axis to their liking, as well as the dead zones at the beginning and end of the range of travel on the rudder axis, and on the 2 differential brake axes. The second, T.A.R.G.E.T, lets users program the axes of rudders and differential brakes. It also allows for the USB rudder to be combined as a real product ecosystem with Thrustmaster USB joysticks (HOTAS Warthog, T.16000M) and the MFD Cougar Pack control panel, so that they are recognized as a single USB device, giving users access to advanced profiles created by members of the Thrustmaster community.

•    The TFRP Rudder Pedals will be available in May, at a suggested retail price of €99.99 (taxes included).

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

they look good....are they still plastic links or metal?  nothing worse that learning your rudder pedals operate with small plastic hooks that snap off after a while.

Not to be a wet blanket or anything, but just based on the photos, I see two potential problems compared to other mid-level flight pedals.

1) The pedals are close together. It looks similar to the CH pedals I used to have, which always felt cramped, especially if you have larger feet (USA shoe size 13 here). Compare the spacing to the Saitek Pro Flight Combat pedals I use now, where the spacing feels more comfortable:

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/compedals.html

2) They're a "place your foot inside the pedal and push design," like the CH pedals. After using the Saitek pedals for a couple of years now, I've gotten used to the "drag your heel on the floor and slide against the bar" design (see product link above), which seems more realistic and feels more precise, especially for helicopters. I never touch the forward part of the pedals unless I'm using the toe brakes. 

Maybe they're wonderful... I dunno. But I'm skeptical based on the photos. I wouldn't trade my Thrustmaster Warthog joystick and throttle quadrant for anything. The build quality is outstanding. But you don't need precision response in rudder pedals. What you need is good ergonomics.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

2) They're a "place your foot inside the pedal and push design," like the CH pedals. After using the Saitek pedals for a couple of years now, I've gotten used to the "drag your heel on the floor and slide against the bar" design (see product link above), which seems more realistic and feels more precise, especially for helicopters. I never touch the forward part of the pedals unless I'm using the toe brakes. 

Maybe they're wonderful... I dunno. But I'm skeptical based on the photos. I wouldn't trade my Thrustmaster Warthog joystick and throttle quadrant for anything. The build quality is outstanding. But you don't need precision response in rudder pedals. What you need is good ergonomics.

In the press release above, it states "each with a removable heel-rest. By removing the heel-rest, the pilot can control the rudder pedal using the ball of his or her foot, heel on the floor; while with the heel-rest in place, the pilot can rest his or her entire foot on the pedal"

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

In the press release above, it states "each with a removable heel-rest. By removing the heel-rest, the pilot can control the rudder pedal using the ball of his or her foot, heel on the floor; while with the heel-rest in place, the pilot can rest his or her entire foot on the pedal"

I dunno... I'm still skeptical, at least for those of us who prefer a "push bar/heel slide" design.

With the heel cap removed, it still won't be a flat bar like the Saitek pedals, which is closer to what many real-world a/c actually use (especially helicopters, but also many vintage planes). There is also no flat surface behind the pedal to slide your heel against, like there is on the larger Saitek platform. It might work if your room has a smooth wood floor, but my office/flight sim room has carpeting where that "slide area" for the heel really helps. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor