Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Just a Shout Out to Finally Having My Rig Setup

After about three weeks of reinstalls, monkey wrenching...my new high end gaming PC and FSX is up and running....it feels so good. Got the Saitek pro pedals, trim wheel, throttles, Yoke,  multi switch panels all configured the way I like them.  Have a new Thrustmaster joystick all ready to go for the helicopters and jets....man this is great.

I did a late afternoon flight through Washington State and into Oregon in the Beechcraft Baron 58 with the G1000 and GTN750 installed finished at night in Salem.  With REX4 + soft clouds, sliders to the max...it was a thing to behold.  Best flightsim experience I've ever had.  My wife was so happy for me given how much time and money I pumped into this.  Man am I stoked. Flying along at just shy of 200knts, frames hitting 50s-60s, smooth as silk...well except for the 25 knot winds buffeting me.

I really felt like I was flying.

cheers

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Very good Bryan,  Sounds great.  All the best with your new set-up 

New flightsim tech and kit is always very exciting.   Enjoy it!

Default Beechcraft 58? Or? Always good to hear good results from the new rig.  Aside from REX4 and soft clouds, any other add-ons?  My rig is always nice with only aircrafts until I start adding scenery add-ons and it goes down hill.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Got to get you a RealAir Turbine Duke for that kind of flying..

Great to hear it is all coming together!

Bert

Great to hear this, the more you add the greater the risks of problems. I have a similar 'wow' experience when I fly, a great set-up, and like you - I got full backing from my beautiful wife!

Are you flying the default Baron, or the very cool Milviz Baron 55?