Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

FS2004 Install block

Hi Guys

I'm trying to install FS2004  I uninstalled it after a problem with my CH USB 3 lever yoke which had a faulty calibration tool, now when I try to reinstall it, the install goes successfully the FS2004 opening introduction screen pops up then disappears back to my windows screen, seems like there may be something blocking it, a long time ago I think certain updates could cause problems but i'm not aware why I can't even get the fs2004 to go through its screens though it let me sign the licence agreement when i first ran it

Any advice would be most appreciated i need to get the calibration tool installed then I can try and rectify my CH Yoke problems which again after working so well fails to align the ailerons and elevators seems like one problem after another

Many Thanks

Richard

Long shot here, but how did you uninstall it?  Could be that some items in the Registry are screwed in which case you might consider getting the Registry Repair tool from Flight1's website?

As I said, just a thought.

Dijvid

Delete you fs9.cfg file. It should regenerate a new one. Otherwise you have a hardware problem if it is a "new" install.

Thank you very much, just to be sure this is the file called Config found in x86- microsoft games-Fs9  ?

many thanks

Richard

Thank you very much, just to be sure this is the file called Config found in x86- microsoft games-Fs9  ?

many thanks

Richard

There should only be one file "C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\fs9.cfg" or the equivalent in newer Windows versions.

Thank you so much, i'll try that and see if it rescues my flight simulator

Great support much appreciated thank you for giving me your time to help!

Richard

Hi Peter  yes I reinstalled FS2004 in the past and removed that Update which blocked it everytime,and i've just gone through the latest updates, I removed 2 of the May updates but they and others don't seem to be causing a problem this time, but thank you for the suggestion much appreciated !

Hi Guys well I deleted the FS9.cfg file and regenerated a new one but the problem remained the same, as a successful install  the licence agreement window pops up I agree to that  then the FS2004 intro window pops up then disappears to my windows window.

I have removed a while ago the Update KB3086255  which seemed to cause exactly the same problem i'm having now blocking the fs2004  so i'm really at a loss.

Are there any other Updates that could be troublesome? I should address ?

It looks like the end of the road (or runway) for my FS experience

any suggestions much appreciated

gutted Richard

What windows version are you using? Win7 and above don't install FS9 under programme files. Alternatively install FS9 on another disc.

Hello, thank you again  i'm using windows 6.1   interestingly I've just used the Windows troubleshooter and I get the message  FS9 is incompatible   but i've been using this system for 3 years so can't understand that.

When you suggest another disc  before when I tried Drive D add-ons weren't finding it so I reverted to C with no problems

many thanks again

Hello, thank you again i'm using windows 6.1

If you mean Windows 8.1, one workaround is to roll back to Windows 8.0 then install FS2004 and update it to 9.1, read the thread in post #12 above, then update Windows 8.0 to 8.1 again.

Try installing DirectX 9.0c. Maybe you're missing some libraries.