Sign in to follow this  
JLP731

S550/CJ2 merge?

Hi all,

No idea if this is even feasible, or maybe I'm just completely mad- I really like the exterior model of the S550 and I like to use it to replicate real world flights using that model, but the flight deck is dated and the FMS is just appalling- so I was wondering if there's an easy way just to merge the interior cabin/cockpit with the S550 model? It seems relatively simple but I'm just not sure if it can be done?

Ideally I'd like the ProLine suite in the S550 but that's probably going to become way too complex.

Just let me know if I'm losing my senses here!

Thanks for any input/advice.

Hi all,

No idea if this is even feasible, or maybe I'm just completely mad- I really like the exterior model of the S550 and I like to use it to replicate real world flights using that model, but the flight deck is dated and the FMS is just appalling- so I was wondering if there's an easy way just to merge the interior cabin/cockpit with the S550 model? It seems relatively simple but I'm just not sure if it can be done?

Ideally I'd like the ProLine suite in the S550 but that's probably going to become way too complex.

Just let me know if I'm losing my senses here!

Thanks for any input/advice.

It would be nice to be able to do something like that, but, no. FSX models are unique. There are many points that would have to be matched and you would need access to both models to even attempt something like that.

I do remember one of our Russian friends managed to adapt the PMDG 737 panel to the iFly 737 but little things like the landing gear, flaps, and lights would not work. I tried something similar and asked if any of the recent corporate jets panel could be adapted to the freeware HondaJet. No go was the quick answer from all sides.

Sometime in the future we may have a high end Citation XLS+ in FSX/P3D. The XLS+ has a very similar body style to the S/II but has the fully integrated Proline 21 with dual FMS units and a much better panel layout than anything we have seen to date in the Citations. Plus it is faster with more endurance. There are some progress shots posted from time to time, but don't dare ask when it will be completed. ha.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Welcome to nonB737 flightsim flyers  :)

Artem Titov

RusJet VA captain

2014_12_13_08_40_06_6038.gif?6652

There are some progress shots posted from time to time, but don't dare ask when it will be completed. ha.

No developer answers that question... it's like opening Pandora's Box.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69