Sign in to follow this  
DanielKotronis

How Will My New Gaming PC Perform

I am wondering if this pc will be able to run X-Plane 10, Microsoft Flight Simulator X at maxed out settings.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz 6MB LGA1151 Skylake Boxed CPU

MotherboardMSI H170 GAMING M3 Intel H170 S1151/4xDDR4/2xPCIEx16/DVI/HDMI/ATX 

Memory (RAM): Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2A2400C14 (Black) 16GB Kit (8Gx2) DDR4 2400 Desktop RAM

Storage: Seagate 3.5" Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM003 SIntel 535 Series 

OS Storage: Intel 535 Series SSDSC2BW120H601 120GB SATA3 SSD Solid State Drive (OEM)

Graphics Card: Gigabyte N960-G1-GAMING-4GD 4G GTX 960 G1 Gaming PCI-E VGA Card

Case:Zalman Z3 Plus

Optical Drive: LG DVD RW - SATA

OS: Microsoft Retail 32/64Bit MS Windows Home 10 (KW9-00017) USB Flash Drive

Power Supply: Antec VP-600P 600W

For FSX, depends on what addons (if any) you plan on using. I just built myself a new system, my specs are in my signature. I'm running medium settings I'd say - really the only thing that I bump up is ground textures to 7cm, everything else is about in the middle, and no traffic. Unlocked I'll see 45-50 fps with PMDG NGX and Flightbeam airports, REX textures with ASN running, but I lock to 30fps and try to get it stutter-free. Unfortunately I can't speak for X-Plane.

The 6600k is great. I looked up the MSI H170 Gaming M3 - make sure that you're aware that that specific motherboard can only run DDR4 at 2133mhz, and I'm also not sure if you can overclock the CPU using core multiplier - I'd recommend a Z170. Also, if you have the budget, a GTX970 or GTX780 would provide a bit better graphical performance such as AA and potentially less stutters, but a 960 is definitely fine to run FSX. Putting money into the proper Z170 motherboard would be a bigger priority over putting money into a better GPU than a GTX960. 

I'm not an expert with building PCs but I have an idea of what runs well, hopefully some other people will share their thoughts. Hope I helped a little, and good luck

Jim Schroeder

i9 9900k @ 5.0ghz | Gigabyte GTX1080ti | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3600 

Just for your information:

Nvidia Pascal was already presented to public and will be available at the end of the month.

If you wait a little bit you surely will get the "old" generation (970 / 980 / 980ti / Titan) for a fair price.