Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Best Jet Fighter for P3D?

Interesting thread... following

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

You should take a look at FSX@War:

http://www.fsxwar.com/

Their Carrier and Convoy Planner (CCP), allows you to create and place air, land and naval vessels which you then can attack. Even without that, you can set up traffic schedules of various AI aircraft on your own with a variety of freeware apps. AI Flight Planner (AIFP3) is probably the most versatile for creating traffic schedules:

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

Will you a get true AI dogfight? Not yet, to my knowledge, but maybe someone else can comment on that.

Also, TacPack come with SAM sites, drones and AI refuelers.

That fsx@war looks very interesting. I had heard of it a while ago but never really followed it. I love the idea that they are trying to put together a dynamic campaign. I've always wanted to fly fsx (of course now P3D) that had a dynamic campaign like good old Falcon 4.0. With the entire earth modeled in P3D, you could do some really incredible things, like international military supply chains (air, sea and land), troop levels, ammo levels, etc.

Anyway back on topic...sorta... does anyone make a good U-2? Not a fighter, but certainly military and tough to fly. My understanding is the "coffin corner" on it at altitude is something like 5 or 10 knots.

• Upvote 1

Cattaneo's T-45C freeware is great as well and works in P3D. He also produced a payware F-35 (which was pretty good when it was freeware so I assume its much improved) and is working on a Typhoon.

He is no longer working on the Typhoon. His computer was attacked by a virus the other day and he lost the source files for ALL of his projects. 

• Upvote 1

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

His computer was attacked by a virus the other day and he lost the source files for ALL of his projects.

Yeah i saw Dino`s post on FB, it`s absolutely heartbreaking for Dino and also the FS community, he`s lost a lifetime of source data which can never be replaced, ransom-ware is becoming a huge global problem.

Dino`s blog for those interested...

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com.au/

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

Yeah definitely feel bad for him.  His freeware fighters for FSX were legendary.  I was hoping when he was done with the Typhoon he would port over the S-3 and Aermacchi.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

You should not forget the Metal2Mesh Mirage 2000, although it is also not yet officially supported for P3Dv3, it seems to work without any issue (according to some YT videos).

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The Lotus L-39 and the A2A P-51 are really two different beasts altogether :smile:  ! I fly both in v3 without any issue (except the strobe lights in the L39) and would warmly recommend both of them. No TacPac for me though.

The L-39, an excellent military jet trainer, is much easier on the simmer. Only thing, you gotta watch your speed with an hawkeye at take-off and landing. No autopilot but easy to trim. Also a good aircraft for aerobatics The P-51 is a wonderful aircraft that I fly often but much more demanding, specially at takeoff. The takeoff is a complex affair that really requires to understand the different forces affecting your aircraft from starting the roll to the climbout. Very challenging. The landing is easier but again she can bit you hard if you don't care. 

I wonder about the recently released F100, knowing that Milviz aircraft seem to need several SP before being really completed...   Also I've seen a vid of their F4 with a distinct porpoising during an ILS approach. I wonder about their flight model for the F100. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I wonder about the recently released F100, knowing that Milviz aircraft seem to need several SP before being really completed...   Also I've seen a vid of their F4 with a distinct porpoising during an ILS approach. I wonder about their flight model for the F100. 

:nea:

On the F-4

Davidpf051 posted this on the Milviz forums:

"A few comments on the flight model from a retired Navy type with 1100 hours in various Navy/Marine F-4 models including B/N and J/S. First, Milviz is head and shoulders above any other F-4 model I've tried and I've tried everyone I can find. You can spot check an F-4 model by taking it to cruise and setting 3000 lbs/hr on the engines. That was normal cruise setting and--depending on drag count--the plane should stable out at around 300 KIAS up till around mach 0.7 something. Yours does that. Nice job. Checked the on speed AOA at normal carrier landing weights and they appear spot on.

Also checked some of the more esoteric aspects of F-4 performance. F-4 experienced adverse roll due to yaw when trying to roll at high AOA with ailerons since they were actually a spoiler/flaperon combination. Try to roll right at high AOA and the right spoiler pops up with the left flaperon going down. Spoiler has little affect at high AOA while the flaperon's dominant affect is drag that yaws the plane toward the flaperon pulling the off wing into the airflow and inducing a roll. In sum, you want to roll right so you give right stick. Result is yaw and roll left. You roll right with rudder at high AOA. Your model captured both effects nicely. That is very impressive modeling. Also found I could fly the F-4 down to about 120 KIAS with half flap and burner at about 30 degrees nose up. Slow fights with F-4 against F-4 often wound up there. Again, very impressive."

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

F4 : Good to know, thanks.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

You should not forget the Metal2Mesh Mirage 2000, although it is also not yet officially supported for P3Dv3, it seems to work without any issue (according to some YT videos).

Fascinating this thread.  I do own the A2A Civilian Mustang and the Just Flight Eurofighter and really like both of them.  I have seriously considered the M2M Mirage 2000 and either it or the Super Hornet will likely be my next purchase?

Does anyone know if the Milviz F-15 will fly in P3D.  I love the looks of the F-15 and would love to buy it if I thought it would work in P3D.  Lots of wonderful ideas guys.

• Upvote 1

Also "JohnC" at Sim Outhouse had this to say about the F-4 thrust model:

The irony of course, is that I made a stand alone gas turbine/thrust model for the MilViz F-4, while (my good friend) Bernt did the aerodynamics.

In either case, smooth stick work and nice video!

I said, what do you mean by "Stand Alone?"

Rather than use the stock tables in the air file to set the gas turbine thrust, Jon Bleeker coded a script that directly sets the thrust using SimConnect/C++. We used that to plug in an external gas turbine model that was able to improve accuracy over the whole of the flight envelope and reduce some of the quirks/limitations in the MSFS implementation.

So much win.   :smile:

Fascinating this thread.  I do own the A2A Civilian Mustang and the Just Flight Eurofighter and really like both of them.  I have seriously considered the M2M Mirage 2000 and either it or the Super Hornet will likely be my next purchase?

Does anyone know if the Milviz F-15 will fly in P3D.  I love the looks of the F-15 and would love to buy it if I thought it would work in P3D.  Lots of wonderful ideas guys.

I had the Milviz F-15 working in P3d V2 for awhile, but then it went kaput.  It would crash when loading it.  I did some troubleshooting and asking around, but was not able to get it working again.  I can tell you it certainly was a joy to fly, and I do believe they will eventually bring it to P3D.

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

I make a program that makes FS scenery destructable* and presents scenarios.  Here's the F100D intercepting some anti-ship missiles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqcIwTN_7mk

Yes if the missiles reach the cruise liner the scenario is failed.

The Bug is incredible but I like 50-60's style jet fighters.  

*Destructable means they get covered in debris and counted for scoring, but I know of no way to remove the scenery items in FS.

You that the superbug do not work with prepar3d pro

Galloway

I hope that my response doesn't raise the ire of those that abhor any discussion of P3d licensing. First of all, VRS does have a version that works with P3d Pro. It costs thousands of dollars and they have stated that clearly several times on their official forum.

Now, why would that be? It's rather simple. Adding Tacpack to P3d Pro turns it into a direct competitor with LM's own P3d Pro Plus, which also has working weapons and destructible vehicles. Thus, the VRS versions for P3d Pro are priced competitively.

• Upvote 1

Hi there,

here are my fav jets in P3D. Dinos S-3B Viking is one of my all time No 1, followed by IRIS Warthog both are TacPack compatible. As mentioned TacPack is already compatible with v3.2.3.

The bug is a great but most complex plane to operate. For now i use it for bashing around. Due to its FBW system it is very easy to handle.

MilViz F-4´s needs more hand flying skills than other FS jets. Low level phantoming is pretty challenging. Unfortunately the F-4´s does not come with TacPack integration.  I would love to see and choose my own load outs.

Furthermore Dino´s rest of the freeware jets are one of a kind, in visual, complexity and performance which make them a great addition to the FS hangar. On top of that all are TacPack compatible. Hope he will be back in business soon. These ransom s*****s are a pain the rear side.

On my list are definitely MilViz´s Sabres i kinda like the ol´ dogs ;)

Last not least Metal2Mesh´s Mirage 2000 is a real nice flying saucer. Fast and a real fun to fly. Especially when you go down low or into the canyons.

The list is long and you gonna decide which suit you the most.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg