;)

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Amen - brah...

;)

Regards,

Scott

They have missed out on a lot of purchases from me anyway due to no east coast products 

Rich Sennett

Certainly Bar Harbor  looks nice. They also previewed the light tech that they are going to use in LC USA. This also looks interesting.

I wonder if its going to make unnecessary to purchase Taburet 3D lights or AS Night Environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aM4eHrVxq0

They have missed out on a lot of purchases from me anyway due to no east coast products 

I would have to agree with you Richard, but to an extent.  I believe that ORBX's intent for a long time, was to provide the most picturesque scenery and airports in an area that is famed for it.  For instance, the Pacific Northwest is one such area of the country with natural elements and features to give an flight simulator pilot a greater sense of immersion.  Think about Orcas Island and how you can fly a short pattern around the island and see inland towards Seattle and the surrounding mountains, or northward towards the Canadian Rockies.  We also have to consider all of the small, challenging airports up there too.  I'd noticed a trend with ORBX in how they tend to find the most challenging airports to fly in to.  When they released their subsequent regions around PNW, it was obvious that they wanted users to see the geologic changes, such as going from lush forested areas to the dirt and stone of the Central Rockies and then further to plains.  They are all great examples of how ORBX can reproduce the beautiful geography of that corner of the country.

Personally, I'd love to have seen payware quality airports in other parts of the country and while I do appreciate the freeware airports provided, it still wasn't the same without the extra mile gone by the ORBX team.  With the upcoming release of the OpenLC NA US/Mexico, I'm sure ORBX's plate will be full again with more airports eastward.

Anyone who is an ORBX fan should know that there really are great things coming from ORBX this year.  The improved night lighting is incredible to say the least, and I also hear that there is a possibility of region-specific areas being developed for the other parts of the US...worthy of keeping the wallet at the ready.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Certainly Bar Harbor  looks nice. They also previewed the light tech that they are going to use in LC USA. This also looks interesting.

I wonder if its going to make unnecessary to purchase Taburet 3D lights or AS Night Environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aM4eHrVxq0

I will still retain my NE lights with some Taburet mixed in - I like options but Marble will be a whole different story it looks amazing - that will be my go to standalone product for sure - thanks Chris for this upcoming product  

As for FTX new lighting looks nice and kudos to Orbx to provide more eye candy - they needed a great land class product to pull this off which they have done - I do fear that they will still suffer from the light distance issue that said NE does not have an issue with this - very nice

I would have to agree with you Richard, but to an extent. 

Spot on well written - totally agree

Rich Sennett

From what I have seen of the videos and screenshots posted at the ORBX forum, this new night lighting (and possibly extended LOD), will give X-Plane a run for it's money in terms of more realistic lighting.  I personally look forward to that as I fly commercial airliners more often and sometimes cross over from day to night.  I'm keeping my wallet at the ready, holding off from going with another developer for lighting until ORBX releases their updates and new products.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit