Sign in to follow this  
Patriot3810

pilot2atc will not connect to x-plane

yes i decided to try the demo out on x-plane 10, i have installed xuipc and followed the instructions, i plan on purchasing after the 14 day trial

so i can get the v2 version.

my specs are as follow

windows 10 pro

i-7 6700k at 4.6ghz

gigabyte gtx 980ti with 6 gb vram

32 gb ddr4 3200 mhz.

when i try to connect after x-plane is already running, it just says having trouble connecting to sim or speech recognition engine.

Brett,

Assuming XPUIPC is installed and shows in the X-Plane Plug-ins menu, then there are a couple of other possibilities.

1) Try running the program in Administrator mode by right-clicking the Pilot2ATC.exe file and selecting Run as Administrator from the menu

2) Be sure you have US-English installed and selected as the default/primary language pack. 

If these don't do the trick, email (admin at pilot2atc) a screenshot of Pilot2ATC after you try and connect so I can see the entire window along with the error message box.

Thanks,

Dave

i set everything to run as admin and it connects just fine,if i buy version 1 today, i assume i will get a version 2 key today, i would rather just start out using the newest version, thanks for the reply.i have alot of practice to do,i hope navigraph will be supported soon, everything i have is navigraph.

Brett,

Yes, just email me when you buy it and I'll email back the V2 license key.

I'm with you on the Navigraph.  Richard said he's working on it.

Thanks,

Dave

• Upvote 1

i bought the program, thank you for sending the v2 so quickly. does anyone know if nav data pro has airac cycles for pilot2atc? i own navigraph and have no way to take x-plane backwards to 1509.

i can't even seem to find manual downloads for airac cycle 1509, all my addons are at 1605,i did not see pilot2atc in the navdata pro support list, i was going to buy just one supported cycle from aersoft

until navigraph supported it.

Hi Brett.

Yes, NavDataPro has it in their update list on the installer, but I see it is not on their list on the web site description for the single cycle update. 

I'll send them a note and see what they say.

Edit:  It is as I suspected.  The web page description is out of date, but the update product will have Pilot2ATC data format available when you purchase it.  I have a regular subscription and I know it is in the updater list and works flawlessly.

Thanks,

Dave

• Upvote 1

Hi Dave,

I have been looking around the forum, and will be buying P2Atc in very near future.

I just wanted to confirm that you can communicate solely with P2atc via speech recognition?

Thankyou

Damian

Damian Doyle

Flight sim's: FSX and X-plane

Damian

The V 1.0 only communicates with speech recognition for ATC.  V 2.0 has a SayIt feature which gives you click on phrases in case you are having difficulty being understood.

Thanks,

Dave