Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Help With Simconnect Please

I have a thread in the CTD Forum (http://www.avsim.com/topic/488012-help-ctd-awhen-loading-select-aircraft-etc-screen/page-2#entry3417095) concerning my problems with SimConnect. I did not realize there was a Simconnect Forum.

It seems like somehow I lost the Simconnest files in my Registry. I have them in my Windows\winsxs folder. My FSXA ran fine prior to the crash.

Is there any way to get them registered in my Registry?.

I have the msi's in my SDK folder. Would it help to rerun them again and will they register the files in the Registry?

Am I right that they have to be registered to get FSXA to run?

Thanks for the help. Bob.

Can someone please tell me what files are required and where do they go. Where should the simconnect.dll be?.

If I knew these I could check my Simconnest installation for integrity.

Can I reinstall Simconnect  and if so how, in detail. Can I just run the msi's in the SDK?

Thanks, Bob.

Can someone please tell me what files are required and where do they go. Where should the simconnect.dll be?.

If I knew these I could check my Simconnest installation for integrity.

Can I reinstall Simconnect  and if so how, in detail. Can I just run the msi's in the SDK?

Thanks, Bob.

According to the following link, simconnect is automatically installed when you install FSX, SP1, and Acceleration (each version) - http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:SimConnect .  They are required and integral part of FSX.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank Jim. I appreciate it.

I am just trying to eliminate Simconnect as my problem..I'd like to be able to check my installation for  corruption.  If I knew which files are supposed to be in a specific location I can check to see if mine are there. Do the Simconnect files have to be registered and appear in the Registry? Mine are not there.

Bob.

Do the Simconnect files have to be registered and appear in the Registry? Mine are not there.

I have no idea if they need to be registered.  Simconnect is never used by FSX unless an application needs it.

I have over 100 simconnect entries in my registry, mostly from Prepar3D ESP.  But there are registry entries for FSX too and all of the different versions.  How did you search?  I just type in 'simconnect' in the search box inside the registry.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim. That's what I did and found that the following  RTM, SP1 and FSXA simconnect files were not in my registry.

C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect
_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297 = SimConnect 60905 dll

_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20 = SimConnect 61355 dll

_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_none_55f5ecdc14f60568 = SimConnect 61637 dll

Regards, Bob.

I found on another site that there should be a simconnect file:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0*\SimConnect.dll.

My files above do not have the *\SimConnect.dll in it also talked about using regserver to register the files. Are they all to be registered? None of mine are.

I cannot find a simconnect.dll by that name anywhere on my computer.

Thanks. Bob.

My files above do not have the *\SimConnect.dll in it also talked about using regserver to register the files. Are they all to be registered? None of mine are.
I cannot find a simconnect.dll by that name anywhere on my computer.

I seriously doubt you will find *\simconnect.dll in your registry (the wildcard "*" would never show up).  The only way to search for your entries is to search for 10.0.60905.0.  I found several simconnect entries for that version in my registry.  I never found *\simconnect.dll on my computer or in my registry.  Yet all of my simconnects are installed and working properly.  My winsxs shows the following:  winsxs\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297.  I also have a similar entry in c:\windows\winsxs\manifests.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi JIm. Thanks.

I have the three files:

_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297 = SimConnect 60905 dll

_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20 = SimConnect 61355 dll

_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_none_55f5ecdc14f60568 = SimConnect 61637 dll:

in my Manifests folder. I don't have any of them in my Register. That answers my question. Most of my friends who have FSXA do not have them in their Registry.

REgards, Bob.

Thanks to all who have posted with help. I removed FSX and reinstalled it and Acceleration. All works well now.

Best regards, Bob.