Sign in to follow this  
Milviz

WX Advantage Radar

I did. Thank you very much for your support. Problem solved.

Excellent!  Glad to hear all is well now.  Enjoy!

Might want to lower the tilt a little.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Excellent!  Glad to hear all is well now.  Enjoy!

Might want to lower the tilt a little.

I just scanned at different angles until I found something.

Now I am testing Carenado Cessna/Reims F406 as 2D only.

The product, like all 2d gauges can, if you wish (and know how) be made to fit in ANY 3d part of an aircraft... just like any RXP gauge.

However, for full 3D integration, devs will have to take part.  So, contact your dev and ask them to be a part of this...

We will be doing the same.

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hi guys. Here's a quick and dirty first look. Initial impressions? It's awesome, especially for how snappy and responsive it is.Yet another reason I need to buy the folks at REX a drink.

(Posting this in the other WX Advantage threads as well ...)

• Upvote 2

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

I have installed WX Advantage Radar in the Milvitz B55 via latest installer from Milvitz released today. I am running REX Essential Plus OD weather engine. The radar unit is displayed as advertised and integrated into the B55 panel. The radar also pops up via the vehicle/instrument panel/WX advantage command and can be undocked and moved to another monitor. 

The radar screen activates, range patterns display, and the test pattern function displays properly. However, the unit populates no weather cell data (displays no cloud density or ambient precipitation on the screen ) either on the ground or aloft when tuned to WX or WX/T. See attached bmp. 

I have followed all instructions in the WX Advantage manual pp 22- pp 29 with no joy. The rescan function seems to have no effect. 

I am running  P3Dv2.5.12946.0 on Windows 7 / 64 and my system specs and graphics card exceed the published requirements.

Thanks.

REX support forums. Will be able to help there without cluttering discussion threads here.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Quick question without starting a new thread....

Are the control functions configurable or have assignable keyboard shortcuts so that I can use an encoder or hardware device to operate the radar functions?

I have the Milviz B732 and am thinking about getting the radar since its set up for the VC but only if I am not forced to reach for the mouse each time I want to adjust the tilt, gain etc.

RE Thomason Jr.

There are hex event keys that can be assigned via FSUIPC to whatever you choose.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

There are hex event keys that can be assigned via FSUIPC to whatever you choose.

Can you elaborate any further as to the process or "how to"?

I am familiar with FSUIPC and have a registered version but the term you used "hex key event" isn't that the same as custom coding?

So would I bring up the 2d panel and then use the "mousetrap" feature of FSUIPC to identify/define and subsequently assign the hex key events your speaking of? 

Sorry but I'm unsure as to the ease of this process can you explain a bit further?

RE Thomason Jr.

I don't have registered FSUIPC so I am not all that clued up on it but I believe there is something there called "Custom events" that you can assign to keys/hardware inputs. The key is a hexadecimal number.

The best I can do is tell you what the keys are:

0x14000 -> Range decrease
0x14001 -> Range increase

0x14002 -> Mode decrease

0x14003 -> Mode increase

0x14004 -> Tilt decrease

0x14005 -> Tilt increase

0x14006 -> Brightness decrease

0x14007 -> Brightness increase

0x14008 -> Gain decrease

0x14009 -> Gain increase

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

0x14000 -> Range decrease
0x14001 -> Range increase
0x14002 -> Mode decrease
0x14003 -> Mode increase
0x14004 -> Tilt decrease
0x14005 -> Tilt increase
0x14006 -> Brightness decrease
0x14007 -> Brightness increase
0x14008 -> Gain decrease
0x14009 -> Gain increase

Looking for that, thanks ... I have the latest version of the B55 and the 737-200 standard edition ... is it safe to assume standard edition will support WX integration?

Would love to see this in the Talon Adv also.

Cheers, Rob.

The C310, B55 and the 737 all have it.

The T-38ADV doesn't have a WX so...  it won't have it integrated... nowhere to put it.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Integrates well ... hope to see more 

Cheers Rob