Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

WX Advantage Weather Radar!

Does it come with a 3D gauge such that it can be integrated in the VC (like a GPS)? From the description it seems to be 2D only.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Looks nice, what about FPS hit?

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Does it come with a 3D gauge such that it can be integrated in the VC (like a GPS)? From the description it seems to be 2D only.

On  some  aircrafts  you can  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Do you have the pro version of the Q and ASN?

I wonder how this new radar finds cells, as far as I know ASN is the only weather add-on that has the ability to inject precipitation in precise areas, without that ability any WXR is basically useless.

The precip control is similar to ASN's technique (low level injection) with some differences. The result is pretty much the same though. You can try setting your radar range to the lowest value and watch how the precip effect changes as you fly through returns. The cell location technique is proprietary but suffice to say it gives pretty much spot on results.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Looks nice, what about FPS hit?

I have really not seen any to think of... Maybe in the high end a/c addons there may be but nothing in my PMDG 747 or Carenado a/c.

You on the REX forum? I will try to help you there as I will be needing some things from you that would clutter this thread up a bit.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Yes, but as far as I know, if you want it as 3D in a 3rd-party VC the developer needs to include it in their 3D model of the VC.

(just like they do for Flight1 GNS GPS)

I don't think you can include the 3D model yourself in VC.

So out-of-the-box you only can use it as 2D popup panel

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I don't think you can include the 3D model yourself in VC.

So out-of-the-box you only can use it as 2D popup panel

Quoted  from Tim  from a previous  post  about the integration of  the  gauge into   other  aircraft  panels

We have completed the API for aircraft developers and will be contacting them as soon as possible. Also, feel free to contact your favorite AC developer and inquire about the integration.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Quoted  from Tim  from a previous  post  about the integration of  the  gauge into   other  aircraft  panels

We have completed the API for aircraft developers and will be contacting them as soon as possible. Also, feel free to contact your favorite AC developer and inquire about the integration.

Yes, that's what I reckoned: The 3rd party devs needs to adjust their VC's and release updates.

Personally I'll wait for that to happen

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Do you have the pro version of the Q and ASN?

I wonder how this new radar finds cells, as far as I know ASN is the only weather add-on that has the ability to inject precipitation in precise areas, without that ability any WXR is basically useless.

I have the pro version of q400.

I don't use ASN. Opus Fsi is my engine of choice hence why I'm interested in this radar.

You on the REX forum? I will try to help you there as I will be needing some things from you that would clutter this thread up a bit.

Yes I am. I will post it there.

If I knew for sure that RealAir would integrate this into their Duke in a timely manner I would buy it.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

deleted by poster

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Problem solved.

After restarting the system this morning, everything worked fine in 2D in all aircraft where I failed to have a working radar last night. This happened with the original configuration (meaning with the second line added by the tool included):

gauge00 = MV_WX!WX2D,0,0,419,381,1
gauge01 = MV_WX!WX,64,121,291,205,1

Tested with Realair Lancair Legacy, Carenado Beechcraft B58, Carenado Cessna/Reims F406 and A2A 182. Here is a shot from the last one:

FxU8Vgb.jpg

No idea what happened and why, but the test is passed and I need no support. Sorry for raising a red flag. I am fine now.