Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

Autogen draw distance

Does this seem really short to you? It seems like in the past, I've remembered autogen drawing further out.

Untitled.png

Unfortunately, it's a new normal. Cannot be fixed in the meantime.

• Upvote 1

Seems about right to me. Looked at my screenshots and that's the exact drawing distance I seem to get myself.

IMO its correct, unfortunately. The point is not so much it's short but the strict line beween on and off. This would be less of an issue if it would fade in more continually. I may be wrong, but I feel one of the first 2.x versions, maybe 2.0, got this better.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

but I feel one of the first 2.x versions, maybe 2.0, got this better.

Michael is correct

IMO its correct, unfortunately. The point is not so much it's short but the strict line beween on and off. This would be less of an issue if it would fade in more continually. I may be wrong, but I feel one of the first 2.x versions, maybe 2.0, got this better.

Kind regards, Michael

I think P3D used to fade in/out autogen in the distance instead of "popping" it in like FSX?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I think P3D used to fade in/out autogen in the distance instead of "popping" it in like FSX?

It still does. The drawing distance was reduced however. I guess to gain VAS and performance.

Tesselation memory requirements.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

In Prepar3d.cfg, section [sCENERY] you can increase easily the tree draw distance with AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE

Coupled with the NO_POPUP option, it gives very good result as expected.

On my system I'm using now 13000.000000 and it suits my need (default is 9500).

Trees now appear far, more or less at the same distance than autogen buildings.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I might be wrong but it seems that this issue popped up in the forums with the release of 3.2. Thats why I am wary to leave 3.1. where I do not see an obvious demarcation line between autogen-carrying and autogen-free textures and  autogen popup à la FSX.  Except the lights at night, of course where they have  always been here.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yeah, it must be new. Now that I think about it, I remember someone doing comparison shots a few months back.

Hopefully they rectify this in 3.3 or make it an option. I understand the OOM stuff, but some of us don't have to fly a 777 into Heathtrow to have fun and I'd rather have extended autogen.

• Upvote 1

In Prepar3d.cfg, section [sCENERY] you can increase easily the tree draw distance with AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE

Forgot to mention it works on v3.2.3

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

What is NO_POPUP option?

What is NO_POPUP option?

It's:

[SCENERY]
POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1

which is the default. Setting AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE=13000.0 (which is the maximum value) may result in a very obvious "tree line" off in the distance. Some systems have this problem and other don't exhibit it.