Sign in to follow this  
erichihill336

MILVIZ WX radar

Any idea if the Lead 35 could be compatible with the new milviz as radar?

It suppose to work with all aircraft but not integrated with all yet - meaning you can use it and put it where you like but will appear as a 2d gauge in your VC

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

2D as in "flat, but in the place in the VC where I put/configure it" or 2D as in "a popup window"?

Works with all planes and weather addons as pop up windows :wink:

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I dont think You could swap it out with the RXP weather radar because I think that the rxp bezel is part of the vc panel and not just a "gauge"

Maybe the developer will issue an update. This new weather gauge and the L35 immersion will make it very attractive. :smile:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I already asked MV if they plan to release a gauge with hidden clickspots inside the screen area, just as the old RXP500 gauge or Rolands free ASN radar can be configured. They said that they will add this feature some time after the release, so you then could also integrate it in the present VC, however without 3D clickspots.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

I already asked MV if they plan to release a gauge with hidden clickspots inside the screen area, just as the old RXP500 gauge or Rolands free ASN radar can be configured. They said that they will add this feature some time after the release, so you then could also integrate it in the present VC, however without 3D clickspots.

What would be the advantage of the MV gauge over Rolands free ASN radar for those using ASN?

Dave P. Woycek

From what I understand it includes ground clutters, radar shadowing and works with every weather engine, not ASN exclusively.

• Upvote 1

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

From what I understand it includes ground clutters, radar shadowing and works with every weather engine, not ASN exclusively.

Thanks for the info. That pretty much sounds like the magic the RealityXP guys were doing in their WX radar long ago.

Dave P. Woycek

Except for the fact that it was displaying only nonsense.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

What would be the advantage of the MV gauge over Rolands free ASN radar for those using ASN?

If you're exclusively using the ASN weather engine, there's no advantage. In some respects, Rolands gauge offers greater advantages (e.g. VC integration, icing, etc...)  If you're using multiple weather engines, you'll probably need Milviz's rendition.  

Matt King

Hi all I figured out how to put  the rex/milviz wx guage in the vc on the 441 mu2 and lear 35

install the guage in these planes per the instructions   then  edit the rxp guage in vc use the 2nd line of the wx weather popup the one without the 2D part. then replace the pop up reality xp with the wx guage and  the wx guage will pop up when you click the reality xp guage in VC

what this does is run the wx guage screen only inside the reality xp bezel.  the only caveat is the #s at the top of the screen for tilt and range are not visible but all the depicted clouds are.

this also works if you have real airs v2 turbine with the F1 gtn 750 you can use the 2nd gtn as the weather radar   and the range and tilt numbers are visible.    its a neat workaround until DEVs incorporate this in there planes

• Upvote 1

Ithendrix, that is great.  For those of us a bit slow, would you please copy/paste what your are telling us and showing us what file you are modding.