Sign in to follow this  
Raven9000

Please help me uninstall everything!

Wait, what?

Did this guy go crazy???

No, let me explain! :)

I have pretty much all the ORBX products (Except SoCal which is coming up next..) and I also have a large amount of photo scenery.

Since I have FSX:SE and P3D v3, after playing around a bit with them I decided I would like to leave P3D configured with all the wonderful ORBX add-ons, while FSX will be left for photo scenery.

Being I already installed all the base products plus the AU and EU regions, I would like to know what the proper way to uninstall everything is to remove the add-ons from FSX.

There is one caveat though, I think I didn't backup the original files, so it may be the case that I may need to leave FTX Global installed if so, correct? (and hopefully just that one?)

Thanks for your help!

P.S. Posting here as it seems to be more useful than actually posting at ORBX where lately support replies are scarce if any...

If its the same in Prepar3D,  Orbtx Add On's Installs or modifies files in Textures,  Effects\Textures,  sounds,  weather\Themes, Scenery\Global\Texture,  Scenery\Global\Scenery,  Scenery\Base\Scenery and Scenery\World\Scenery.  

You can Uninstall Orbtx Global,  which will leave your Autogen folder back to Default, Perfect,  but as you said you will be left with water for scenery.  The fasted way would be to delete the Orbtx folder and these other folders i mentioned above and run a Repair But this will effect your other Add On's depending what you have Installed?   What do you have Installed other then Orbx. 

You can Copy and move these folders out of your FSX folder, Textures,  Effects\Textures,  sounds,  weather\Themes,  Then run the Repair after this you will have your Default Scenery files again. 

Delete (or back up) the repaired Textures,  Effects\Textures,  sounds,  weather\Themes folders,  Move the Copied ones back in.  Search these folders for Orbtx files and delete them. 

Depends really on what other Add On's you have Installed, you might have to move more folders out of your FSX folder before you do this 

If its the same in Prepar3D,  Orbtx Add On's Installs or modifies files in Textures,  Effects\Textures,  sounds,  weather\Themes, Scenery\Global\Texture,  Scenery\Global\Scenery,  Scenery\Base\Scenery and Scenery\World\Scenery.  

You can Uninstall Orbtx Global,  which will leave your Autogen folder back to Default, Perfect,  but as you said you will be left with water for scenery.  The fasted way would be to delete the Orbtx folder and these other folders i mentioned above and run a Repair But this will effect your other Add On's depending what you have Installed?   What do you have Installed other then Orbx. 

You can Copy and move these folders out of your FSX folder, Textures,  Effects\Textures,  sounds,  weather\Themes,  Then run the Repair after this you will have your Default Scenery files again. 

Delete (or back up) the repaired Textures,  Effects\Textures,  sounds,  weather\Themes folders,  Move the Copied ones back in.  Search these folders for Orbtx files and delete them. 

Depends really on what other Add On's you have Installed, you might have to move more folders out of your FSX folder before you do this

Thanks for the info!

What I have installed besides the ORBX stuff is:

FSUIPC

ASN

FS Global Ultimate Mesh

RAAS Pro

Lots of Planes

Yes,  when your Installing planes, Airports and Utilities they will Install into a lot of your default folders,  Effects\Textures,  sounds,  weather\Themes folders,  Fonts, Gauges and so on

Orbx + Libs + Global Airports will Install into several locations in your Scenery folder Scenery\World \Texture,  Scenery\World\Scenery,  Scenery\Global\Texture,  Scenery\Global\Scenery  

If your one mission is to get your Scenery\World\Textures back.  Uninstall Orbx Global in Programs and Features.  Delete your entire Scenery folder,  Then Copy all your FSX folders including Add On folders + all your files at the bottom of your folder,  Basically everything inside your FSX folder to another safe location,

Run the Repair, (The Repair will basically have to Download FSX again)    Then Delete everything inside your FSX folder Except your Scenery folder :smile:    After that, Move all you saved stuff back into your FSX folder.  

Go through all the folders i listed above (the first line) and delete the Orbx files in them.    

Yes,  when your Installing planes, Airports and Utilities they will Install into a lot of your default folders,  Effects\Textures,  sounds,  weather\Themes folders,  Fonts, Gauges and so on

Orbx + Libs + Global Airports will Install into several locations in your Scenery folder Scenery\World \Texture,  Scenery\World\Scenery,  Scenery\Global\Texture,  Scenery\Global\Scenery  

If your one mission is to get your Scenery\World\Textures back.  Uninstall Orbx Global in Programs and Features.  Delete your entire Scenery folder,  Then Copy all your FSX folders including Add On folders + all your files at the bottom of your folder,  Basically everything inside your FSX folder to another safe location,

Run the Repair, (The Repair will basically have to Download FSX again)    Then Delete everything inside your FSX folder Except your Scenery folder :smile:    After that, Move all you saved stuff back into your FSX folder.  

Go through all the folders i listed above (the first line) and delete the Orbx files in them.

Hmm.. well the thing is that:

1) I never backed up my original files during the ORBX install process

2) Due to 1) I don't really wanna go through a lot of hassle just to get the stock textures back.

So what about just leaving FTX Global (the textures) and removing everything else, like the regions?

I can leave with just leaving the textures but freeing up the huge size of the regions to make room for more photo scenery