Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Software Request

Please, please, PLEASE will some kind soul write an app like FSRecorder that works 'correctly' with P3D.

I for one am willing to pay well over the odds for such an app!

Have you looked at FSCapt?  Many believe it's better than FSpassenger:

http://secure.simmarket.com/fs-captain.phtml

I thought the OP wanted something for taking videos in P3D. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I don't mess with videos but doesn't FRAPS do what you want? I belive that NVidia has a recorder builit in to the GeForce Experience too.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Speaking of Orphanware.....lets find a delegate to approach the Devs for VoxATC AND/OR FSRecorder. We ask our "representative" to find out what the product developers want(s) for his/her/their abandoned product's source-code.

Then, we get together and form a stock/ownership group, buy VoxATC AND/OR FSRecorder, find a new Dev or devs and set up a Delaware LLC, for the sole purpose of collectively owning the code and resurrecting VoxATC AND/OR FSRecorder.

We could then;

1, fix and;

2. improve and;

3.reintroduce and;

4. RE-SELL the newly resurrected/fixed/improved, very worthy product(s) and;

A. sell it/them at a reasonable price, to recoup our investment, but;

1. NOT at the killer price(s) required to provide somebody's sole income.

How bout how that y'all? An alternative to out-right purchase would be an agreement with the Dev's for profit participation and not pay them upfront.

Wanna get on the Avsim Member Owned VoxATC/FSRecorder Group bandwagon?

If there are flaws in logic, legalities, spelling and real-world realities those errors occurred because;

1. my secretary just died of gorging on berry-berry rhubarb pie with crust accidentally made with kitty litter, and;

2. I'm old, and must be forgiven.

Chas

• Upvote 1

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I don't mess with videos but doesn't FRAPS do what you want? I belive that NVidia has a recorder builit in to the GeForce Experience too.

Vic

Vic, FSRecorder records the actual internal delta in aircraft, scenery, and all attendant data... ala FSUIPC log data, and plays back the flight USING that data. FSRecorder has nothing to do with video recording other than the playback is ABLE, like the internal "Replay", to be video recorded by what ever VIDEO recorder floats your boat.

You are correct including my favorite video recorder, the excellent and gratis, Nvidia Shadowplay.

Cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

AH - Thanx Chas - obviously I am completely clueless as to FSRecorder. Sounds like it is/was a cool bit of software.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

FSRecorder allows MUCH more than simply recording 'a' flight.  The version foir FSX (doesn't work in P3D) will play each recorded flight as AI, allowing for fantastic formation flight.

Hi @ll,

I could give it a shot either way (= new development or further the legacy sourcecode - if it can be obtained). No promises, but I may have a prototype for something new in mind, based on what I did in my network protocol in the FFX. Still, as I have never used FSRecorder, I would require some specs about what it is supposed to deliver. Else it will go very wrong.

Dougal, Chas, if you want, please drop me a PM with your ideas and a description of what is expected.

Best regards

Oliver

LORBY-SI

Hi @ll,

I could give it a shot either way (= new development or further the legacy sourcecode - if it can be obtained). No promises, but I may have a prototype for something new in mind, based on what I did in my network protocol in the FFX. Still, as I have never used FSRecorder, I would require some specs about what it is supposed to deliver. Else it will go very wrong.

Dougal, Chas, if you want, please drop me a PM with your ideas and a description of what is expected.

Best regards

Oliver

Oliver, I'm currently in hospital with major surgery tomorrow, but all things being well, I'm more than willing to help after a rather enforced FS break:-(

Sorry to hear that Phil - best to you!

Vic

Hello Phil,

sorry to hear that - all the best and a speedy recovery!

Oliver

LORBY-SI

FS Recorder is a very slick piece of software, and I suspect anyone who thinks they can re-create it in a short space of time will find otherwise......

I'd like to suggest a read of where the developer got to with LM, and why he didn't publish a P3D compatible version.

http://www.fs-recorder.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=740

Re: FSRecorder and Prepar3D

Postby noisy » 30 Aug 2012, 09:49

Word Not Allowed wrote:
    FSX and P3D are virtually completely compatible.
    It's basically about paths and fsx.exe vs prepar3d.exe.

Unfortunately it's not that simple in case of FS Recorder.
Add-ons based on SimConnect are usually compatible, but FS Recorder 2 uses lot's of hacks, because:
-Several features would not be possible with SimConnect only
-SimConnect didn't allow smooth playback because of a delay of one frame when writing data (visible as jitter during formation flights)

FS Recorder 1.3 for FSX was mostly based on SimConnect, except for a few hacks. It should work with P3D with a few limitations and a warning at startup. When I wrote FS Recorder 2 I changed back to using the same hacks as in FS9, to get all features and the same playback performance as in the FS9 version.

Using hacks for a P3D version is not an option, as it is frequently updated. Every update would require adapting the hacks as well, which would be too much work (FSX was no longer updated when I wrote FS Recorder 2).
Writing a SimConnect based version for P3D is currently not an option as well, I don't have the time for that and it would not have all the features.

I've been contacted by John Nicol regarding a P3D version of FS Recorder quite some time ago. I explained the problems to him, and he told me it might be possible for them to provide a special interface. However, the last I heard from him before he left Lockheed was that they are busy with higher priority items.
As I currently don't use P3D myself and don't have much time for FS Recorder development, a P3D version does not have high priority for me at the moment.

I hope that clarifies the situation. Things might change in the future, but that's how it currently looks like.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder

The version foir FSX (doesn't work in P3D) will play each recorded flight as AI, allowing for fantastic formation flight.

Actually, version 1.331 of FSRecorder works flawlessly in P3D (v3.2). Also formation flights. Just install it, enter the required entries in dll.xml and ignore the startup warning.

Cheers, Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR