Sign in to follow this  
johnor999

User waypoints menu

Hello,

I'm wondering if the user waypoint menu is fully modelled in the GNS430? The reason I'm asking is that I cannot create any user waypoints using the GNS430. I'm able to do it using the GNS430 simulator provided by Garmin but not in the Mindstar GNS430. I've been unable to do so on Windows 7, 8 & 10.

Hello,

I am also waiting for a reply to this question.

Moreover, when I created some user waypoints in the Mindstar G1000 and I copied the user waypoints entries from the G1000.ini into GNS.ini (the syntax seems to be the same), these user waypoints do not appear in the GNS units.

Thank you for addressing this issue.

Regards,

Milan

The menu interface for this has not been implemented, user waypoints weren't requested by schools. We will have a release in the near future that will support user waypoints being added to the INI file. We will also address the menu interface for this when we get a chance.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hello Ed,

Thank you for the answer and shedding light on what's coming.

We were probably a bit confused since on the product page of the GNS 430/530 there is actually a comment about the "[user_Waypoints] Section" on the "Guide to the GNS.ini" page.

May I just have two suggestions?

- Will you consider a table comparing the features of Mindstar GNS 430/530 vs the real thing? (I think you used to have it for your G1000, however now on the new website layout I cannot find it for the G1000). This might be helpful for the prospective buyers to make an informed decision.

- Will you also consider a change log for each new version of your products? That would help to understand what new features are implemented.

Thank you for you support.

Kind regards,

Milan