Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[08MAY16] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II: 747-400F preview...

Can you guys make a TOPCAT type of program so we can calculate De-rates, A Temps and V Speeds like the big boys do?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Looks fantastic, no doubt very much worth the wait. Thanks for the update!

Can you guys make a TOPCAT type of program so we can calculate De-rates, A Temps and V Speeds like the big boys do?

TOPCAT itself already does this. I believe the 744 was the first aircraft they had available. Why reinvent the wheel?

Kyle Rodgers

TOPCAT itself already does this. I believe the 744 was the first aircraft they had available. Why reinvent the wheel?

Because the "wheel" doesn't include the 748.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Normally how long in Beta? Anyone remembers how long the 777 was?

between one month and 2, about 1.75 months. The only thing holding back development now is the P3D version. trying to get the features of the addon to work with the added capability of Prepar3D. its summer, have beer, she'll be here soon. in the mean time, SAITEK, are realeasing the X56 rhino HOTAS on may 30

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks for the news :smile:

and for the images

ndz936vb.jpg

• Upvote 1

One detail no one has mentioned about this airplane that I like, is that you have succeeded to make it look heavy. If you look at 747 on youtube and live, you can see on the ground that she looks very heavy and "clumpsy", a detail that products before has failed. I hope you understand what I am trying to say, I am really impressed and looking forward to this product :)

My bet is some sort of EFB will be added to the cockpit, hence the wait on the Cockpit pics. RSR said he was holding something back..

Peter Osborn

We had once landed (R/W) on 28R at SFO and were holding short of 28L when a CPA 744 took off on 28L. I was lucky enuf to be on the left side and the rotation happened right outside my window. I have been a fan of the Queen long since I was a kid, and she was the one who captured my imagination as a kid, and my interest in aviation, but that day was the first time I noticed how the 4 engines peeled the reluctant heavy weight off the pavement into the air. You could feel the quad thrust, the power, the weight...what a sight to behold. The rotation picture of the PMDG 744F brought back those memories, the majestic Queen beginning her long journey. 

Many great acft have come and gone, and she will too some day, but nobody is going to steal the Queen's title from her. Great Pictures...definitely looking forward to this one.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

Clearly it has wing flex. But, will it have engine nacelle wobble?... :P

Looking great!

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

One detail no one has mentioned about this airplane that I like, is that you have succeeded to make it look heavy. If you look at 747 on youtube and live, you can see on the ground that she looks very heavy and "clumpsy", a detail that products before has failed. I hope you understand what I am trying to say, I am really impressed and looking forward to this product :)

Mikael,

Yes- I know precisely what you mean by "clumpsy" and it is something Jason and I have been working on for some time.  Thanks for noticing!  Wait until you see her taxi...

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Mikael,

Yes- I know precisely what you mean by "clumpsy" and it is something Jason and I have been working on for some time.  Thanks for noticing!  Wait until you see her taxi...

:wub:

So once again not possible to figure out how long it will still take to bring this airplane to completion... Better, reading Robert's post I guess we still have to wait at least one year... 

• Upvote 1

James Goggi