Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[08MAY16] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II: 747-400F preview...

Marvellous work Robert this is looking tip-top. Is the P3D environment very different for a programmer/sim creator than FSX? I only say this out of interest as you say the P3D version has just recently been made useable. I thought it was just installer logic and maybe a few bits and bobs under the bonnet that were different, but the two must be more disparate than I thought.

@RSR and PMDG - thank you SO much for everything that you do for us! I absolutely can't wait for the Queen V3. Now, a question from the painters' hangar - is the paint kit somewhat like that of the NGX, or is it something redone? Thank you!

I'd imagine similar to the 777 and the like, but obviously something slightly different for the FWD section hump.

We shall find out soon enough :D

I remain completely besotted with the 777 and 737 and am really looking forward to the 747. Weekends just aren't long enough anymore. (were they ever)

• Upvote 1

Awesome shots! Will there be any goodies included in this aircraft that was thought to be impossible to do?

Moses Velasquez

Robert,

I think you definitely sold this product better than Boeing themselves.  For an ageing airliner, your team has put together a better product, breathing new life into the Queen once again.  I look forward to anything further you and your team present us. 

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Great pics, she looks beautiful!

I'm really looking forward to fly her :)

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.pngECN0550.png

Looking great, but even better with some real world liveries on her.

Sorry if this has been asked before but how are you going to package V3. Will one package contain all (400F, BCF, 400M, 400D etc)? or will there be a base package with add-on products like the B777-200 and add-on 300ER?

Bernard Walford

Sorry if this has been asked before but how are you going to package V3. Will one package contain all (400F, BCF, 400M, 400D etc)?

"All three engine types will be included in the initial release, along with the 400, 400M, 400ER, 400F, 400ERF and 400BCF airplanes."

http://www.avsim.com/topic/458930-31dec14-a-little-something-for-the-new-year/page-2?p=3146399#entry3146399

Kyle Rodgers

Awesome! After about a two-year hiatus, I finally got my 737 and 777 back in the air over the last few weeks, and now I'll have something new to buy like five minutes after it hits the store. Loading the freighters up to MTOW and lumbering off the runway just doesn't get old to me.

Like a lot of people around here I'm sure, I fell in love with airplanes by watching 747's fly by and marveling that something that ridiculously huge could get six inches off the ground without falling apart. When I was a kid, I went through a phase where I was absolutely terrified of volcanoes (despite being thousands of miles away from the nearest volcano). I'd lay in bed at night and hear the NWA and KLM 747's (and the DC-10's) coming through here, and I thought they were volcanoes forming in my backyard. Although you can still almost always hear a plane in the air, the handful of 767's and A330's that still come through here don't quite have that sound that pulls your head up to look at them as they go by. It's sad to see the 747's slowly phased out in favor of the twin-engine jets (which are still extremely cool, but still).

The -400M would be awesome!

KLM is one of the few airliners flying it. 

How many other airlines are flying the combi?