Sign in to follow this  
kneighbour

Any sign of a release yet?

I have been watching this space for several months now. I saw an earlier post where this was supposed to be released in January, but obviously this has slipped a little.

Any better estimate for when it might be released?

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

The Beta seems to be stabilizing so I'm working to have the 2.0.1 release version available by the end of May or early June.

Thanks for your interest,

Dave

The Beta seems to be stabilizing so I'm working to have the 2.0.1 release version available by the end of May or early June.

Thanks for your interest,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Is Pilot2ATC primarily GA focused or is it agnostic...e.g. it would work well with big-iron as well?  From reading the website, it only uses SIDs and STARs if they are broken into parts in the flight plan...so it doesn't know about altitude restrictions on the SID/STAR, correct...e.g. it will just pick logical altitudes for a flight based on ATC and pilot filed altitude?  Does it handle VFR/IFR pattern work?  E.g. if you were on an IFR flight and wanted to come in and do a touch and go and go back around for an ILS or go around the pattern a couple of times, would it be able to do that?  Just trying to figure out where its limits are.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Greg,

Version 2.0 will do all the things that you mention and a lot more.  It will assign SIDs and STARs and Approaches to you if you select that option in the configuration, whether or not you have them specified in your flight plan.  

Regards,

Dave

Greg,

Version 2.0 will do all the things that you mention and a lot more. It will assign SIDs and STARs and Approaches to you if you select that option in the configuration, whether or not you have them specified in your flight plan.

Regards,

Dave

Looking forward to trying it out.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Waiting with money in my hand...

:Big Grin:

Haze.

Sweden.

Hotas Warthog. MFG Crosswind. MSFS. DCS. IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles.

Greg,

Version 2.0 will do all the things that you mention and a lot more.  It will assign SIDs and STARs and Approaches to you if you select that option in the configuration, whether or not you have them specified in your flight plan.  

Regards,

Dave

Thanks for all the continued support Dave  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I have not payed much attention to this program until today. Looks like a great program and Dave is to be commended. I want to be delicate with this question and hope no one takes offense. I noticed that Alpha 117 seems to be involved some how. I am one of the ones who donated about $60.00 to that ProATC mess a few years back and just want to be sure this is in no way associated with that outfit. Let me be clear!! I do not believe that Alpha 117 is to blame for any of that. I just want to be sure this is a complete different attempt here.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Sam,

The Pilot2ATC program/project is not related to ProATC at all. I started it about 3 years ago out of frustration over the lack of a good ATC solution for X-Plane.  It's been non-stop development and releases since V1.0 came out about 2 years ago. 

V2.0 was driven by a desire for a user interface that more closely resembles a glass cockpit display and provides more information and capabilities than V1.0.  It also completely reworks the language aspects, both grammar and recognition techniques, to improve the natural-ness of the controller interactions.

Alpha 117 has been a tremendous help in providing input and testing Pilot2ATC both pre-beta and on a continuing basis.  He has many years experience using all kinds of SIM hardware and software, so his input has be invaluable.  He also was helping us test the V1.0 software.

Regards,

Dave

Sam,

The Pilot2ATC program/project is not related to ProATC at all. I started it about 3 years ago out of frustration over the lack of a good ATC solution for X-Plane.  It's been non-stop development and releases since V1.0 came out about 2 years ago. 

V2.0 was driven by a desire for a user interface that more closely resembles a glass cockpit display and provides more information and capabilities than V1.0.  It also completely reworks the language aspects, both grammar and recognition techniques, to improve the natural-ness of the controller interactions.

Alpha 117 has been a tremendous help in providing input and testing Pilot2ATC both pre-beta and on a continuing basis.  He has many years experience using all kinds of SIM hardware and software, so his input has be invaluable.  He also was helping us test the V1.0 software.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks Dave. I do appreciate your comments. I think Alpha 117 is a fine guy and just kind of got overcome with circumstances. He did some nice Tutorials in the beginning of that project and I know he is good at the testing business. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/