Sign in to follow this  
lthendrix

Lear jet radios

I have the gtn 750 in the lear and it is nav 1 radios but the there is no nav 2 radio.

is there a way to designate the other radio as nav 2 ?

I have the gtn 750 in the lear and it is nav 1 radios but the there is no nav 2 radio.

is there a way to designate the other radio as nav 2 ?

You should have a second set of Com and Nav radios on the console between the pilot and copilot's seats along with two ADF radios. I don't have the GTN 750, but I assume that is mounted on the front panel in place of the standard GPS unit and shouldn't effect the location of the other radios between the seats.

Al

The GTN unit in the Lear controls COM1/NAV1 only. COM2/NAV2/ADF1/ADF2 are operated by the controls in the center console between the pilot seats, as ark already pointed out.

One GTN unit always controls one set of radios.

One could think that if you configure a second GTN unit into the Lear (which will be available as a 2D popup only) that this second GTN unit may be used to control COM2/NAV2, but I have found that this is not the case. Apparently, the Lear is not meant to be used with two GTN units, one controlling COM1/NAV1 and the other one for COM2/NAV2.

Dave P. Woycek

Thanks I know where the nav 2 radio is and how it should work but it seems tied to the gtn whatever I put in the gtn nav radio area the same frequency is displayed on the nav radio between the seats ...

and if i tune the nav radio between the seats then the frequency changes on the gtn.

is there a switch or something that needs to be toggled to switch the radio between the seats to nav 2 ?

Thanks I know where the nav 2 radio is and how it should work but it seems tied to the gtn whatever I put in the gtn nav radio area the same frequency is displayed on the nav radio between the seats ...

and if i tune the nav radio between the seats then the frequency changes on the gtn.

is there a switch or something that needs to be toggled to switch the radio between the seats to nav 2 ?

That seems very strange --I wonder if you have an installation error. It might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the GTN750.

Al

Hi .. An update..... during install for some reason gtn unit 1 was set to nav 2 radios.

I am pretty sure this was the issue .   I changed it to nav 1 using the f1 config tool just now.

But tonight is MU 2 night so I will report back later delta Oscar gulf out