Sign in to follow this  
npole

Realistic fps

Yes I have a 6 cores X5670 clocked at 4.3ghz with HT enabled.

Yes I have a 6 cores X5670 clocked at 4.3ghz with HT enabled.

Geez, 12mb cache and 12 threads and a 980TI, you should be able to push some rendering settings to the max. I know I have with a i7 3770k @ 4.3 and a 970 with 32g of ram and still sustain 30fps everywhere.

Im at the office right now, I can post my settings along with the N inspector so you can try those if you like.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

One thing I miss about X-Plane, (maybe this is possible with some plugin), is saving a set of rendering options. For example, say you want to do VFR with a light airplane and very heavy scenery: Preset 1. Next day I'm interested in IFR flight in a heavy airliner and don't care much about scener: Preset 2, and so on and so forth :)

Actually there's a way to do that, but it involves hacking and manually editing a setting file.

Inside the "Resources" folder, there's a file called settings.txt. It contains (among other things) the description of the 5 presets for rendering settings that are available in the rendering menu.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Actually there's a way to do that, but it involves hacking and manually editing a setting file.

Inside the "Resources" folder, there's a file called settings.txt. It contains (among other things) the description of the 5 presets for rendering settings that are available in the rendering menu.

Good one! Very imaginative!

But I assume that whenever you update/fix the X-Plane 10 installation using the installer, it will overwrite it to the default settings, right?

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Good one! Very imaginative!

But I assume that whenever you update/fix the X-Plane 10 installation using the installer, it will overwrite it to the default settings, right?

Right, but whenever X-Plane is updated, the installer asks you if you want to overwrite the files that have been modified or not. Maybe the best thing would be to make a backup of the modified portion, let it update the settings.txt file, and then re-paste the modified portion.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Geez, 12mb cache and 12 threads and a 980TI, you should be able to push some rendering settings to the max. I know I have with a i7 3770k @ 4.3 and a 970 with 32g of ram and still sustain 30fps everywhere.

Im at the office right now, I can post my settings along with the N inspector so you can try those if you like.

I do 46fps at 4k feet on a medium density scenario (with the last setting screenshot I posted)... the issue is with w2xp now, as soon i activate it, I loose 10 to 15 fps. I just completed a flight on twitch and I were doing 26 fps average (EBBR > EDDL @FL160).

the issue is with w2xp now

With 10.50, beta release looking to be very soon, the buildings are promised to be much more robust (http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/03/x-plane-10-50/).  You might find that you do not need w2xp to get what you are looking for and extra FPS seem to be on the board as well (depending on system).  By the way, I use "populated" for trees and it works well for me.

John

John Wingold

Yes, in the end I disabled w2xp. For those buildings I was reducing too many other settings to gain some fps... it's really not worth it for me, also with that lighting they doesn't really fit with the environment, making everything looking "fake".

On the other side I installed the farms and tree lines, and I may have found a good compromise (at least now I'm well above 30fps in most cases).

• Upvote 1

I would also be interested in your settings. I have a 980TI STRIX. I could never get anything in NI to make a difference

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I would also be interested in your settings. I have a 980TI STRIX. I could never get anything in NI to make a difference

Sure, as soon as I figure out how to upload pics, I will... :fool:

Lets see if this works:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ottH12igEMc2NlT1poWkd3dFE

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

The first thing that jumps to my eyes.. it's the 1080p and only 2xSAA.. unfortunately I'm playing at 3 times that res and 4xSSAA, yes I have a 980Ti and a good 6cores, but it looks like they aren't enough. :) Anyway, as I said, by disabling the w2xp I "solved" everything... almost.

it's the 1080p and only 2xSAA

Its a 970, at 4xSAA it struggles when in heavy weather. As soon as the new nVidia reference 1080 is out I'll be the first in line, that and a new ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hz 2ms

Sure, as soon as I figure out how to upload pics, I will... :fool:

Lets see if this works:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ottH12igEMc2NlT1poWkd3dFE

Thanks Carlos,

Do you have your NI settings too

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Do you have your NI settings too

Sorry Richard, didn't see your reply until now. I'm at work now but will post later today.

Sorry Richard, didn't see your reply until now. I'm at work now but will post later today.

No worries Carlos,

I am happy with my settings which are pretty high but it's always nice to see what others are achieving 

Richard

mmBbmS1.png