Sign in to follow this  
Dan8

What is the best program to update all drivers

I read on this forum a post that suggested using Driver Manager or something like that, however, I cannot remember the thread or the person who made the post, I think it was staff.

I used to manually download and install all drivers, however, I am getting old, and with age, getting lazy.  What is a good program to keep my drivers up to date?

Thank you.

I use IObit's Driver booster 3 which works very well . I've also seen 'Driver Talent' strongly recommended.

There seem to be many similar free programs but be aware that with all of them after installaion you will receive frequent popups inviting you to purchase the  'pro' version.

Also be careful where you download them from and what you tick (or leave pre ticked) when installing or you might end up with a lot of bloatware/adware/malware.

Take a look here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driversites/tp/free-driver-updater-tools.htm. Driver Booster comes out top. I'd always avoid anything which automatically installs updates as I've been caught out in the past with "updated" drivers which actually made my system worse.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

http://www.driversupport.com/ Even with their freeware it will be tailored to your computer. You can also have full optimization if you desire.

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

There seem to be many similar free programs but be aware that with all of them after installaion you will receive frequent popups inviting you to purchase the  'pro' version.
Also be careful where you download them from and what you tick (or leave pre ticked) when installing or you might end up with a lot of bloatware/adware/malware.

None of this with slimdrivers, its free, runs at startup and thats it

Payware - driveragent

Very useful after just doing a new build - I only use it on a new build and its a subscription so if your in a bind and something is not quite right a one time purchase can get you out of a bind - one time purchase is good for a year and is not auto billed - have not needed it with Windows 10 but in Windows 7 used it a few times - it very accurate

Had some control panel question marks I could not figure out how to get them cleared up - Driveragent took care of it with no problem

Rich Sennett