Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

GTX970 and anti aliasing

There are reports on SOH of a few having AA troubles in the last couple of NVidia driver releases.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

If someone feels a little adventurous then you can try the following:

nVidia 364.72

NI set Transparency Multisampling to: Enabled

NI set Transparency Supersampling to: 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling.

In Xplane 2X SSAA+FXAA

It has made a difference in regards to the shimmering problem, almost completely gone. 

Hope it helps others.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

If someone feels a little adventurous then you can try the following:

nVidia 364.72

NI set Transparency Multisampling to: Enabled
NI set Transparency Supersampling to: 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling.

In Xplane 2X SSAA+FXAA

It has made a difference in regards to the shimmering problem, almost completely gone. 

Hope it helps others.

This is the best driver for you? I have GTX770

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

This is the best driver for you? I have GTX770

Jose, I have a GTX970 and yes these are the ones that have shown (in my setup) best performance over all, very happy with them, also with the NI tweaks, shimmering is almost completely gone.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Jose, I have a GTX970 and yes these are the ones that have shown (in my setup) best performance over all, very happy with them, also with the NI tweaks, shimmering is almost completely gone.

Thanks Carlos.

I am testing now an old driver that i read here at avsim. Some .88 i think. But with 1/2 Refresh Rate i think there is no difference. Will test more.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Hi,

With the advice from CarlosF, I tried Nvidia 364.72 driver. I do not see much better results than with the latest one, but it seems that setting Enhanced AA with Supersampling in NI added a boost to the overall AA. The point is that the shimmering that remains is not normal AA shimmering but flickering textures...that is really what I woud like to get rid off. I will try to post on Xplane.org support forum.

Thanks anyway to CarlosF and the others for kind help,

Pierre