Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

A Small Update on FreeMeshX - USA

You're welcome Jack.

I'm going to consolidate everything so that all the patches are integrated when FreeMeshX - USA is released, and get rid of the multi-part downloads and the required use of 7-ZIP.

I think I will still have the end user manually add the folders to the Scenery Library, to keep things flexible, but no more complicated moving files around left and right with the patches :)

Just a warning, FreeMeshX - USA is gonna be big (we're looking at a final size of about 50 GB). Combined with FreeMeshX - Global, the combined size will near 100 GB. Holy canoli!

I may have some installer program available -- we'll have to see what works the best when it goes into closed beta (possibly next week).

• Upvote 3

Anything for high resolution terrain.

And thank you very much for doing this.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Would I be right in thinking that existing Freemesh X users can just grab the USA update as and when it's released?

Thanks.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

4 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Would I be right in thinking that existing Freemesh X users can just grab the USA update as and when it's released?

Thanks.

Exactly how I plan it!

Thanks, Daniel. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

5 hours ago, AviatorMoser said:

It's looking mighty fine in P3Dv4 (with the ORBX textures and landclass, of course!)...

Yes, but it would look even better with new URP. :senang:

Looks amazing.  Cut her loose and let her run.  Open beta for all!  haha.  Strong work friend.  I look forward to the release.

Nick

• Upvote 1

Preview of new installer option. Soon the days of complicated 7-ZIP installs will be gone.

QUx90SV.png

• Upvote 2

Great news.

For some at least.

My gtx770 give up a ghost so I use my old gtx260 lol and I won't be able to enjoy in this new mesh.

Or p3d itself.

And any other decent game for that matter... oh my oh my... What a timing... :sedih:

That sucks man. You could install FSX:SE? It's aged like fine wine and should be able to do fine on the GTX 260 I would think? Just about all these previews are from FSX.

Hi Dan,

50Gb FMX-USA  Download - Quick call an ambulance, I can't catch my breath.:ohmy:

O'h how lucky you all are to have reliable ISP's in your countries, able to offer huge bandwith, superfast speeds and massive download monthly capacity's or even unlimited Download/Upload. 
As much as I would love to download 50Gb in one package its just not possible. :ph34r:
Such are the limitations from my ISP, 40Gb is my entire monthly download/upload limit during Peak hours which are attributed to my monthly limit, I have the option of un-calculated limits for off-peak usage, but the fractional speed of just (160Kbps max) makes it a practical impossibility. Certainly I could begin the DL in the free uncalculated off-peak portion of my plan but given the length of time to download 50Gb @ 160Kbps max ( about 7-10 days I would estimate) with the potential of failed downloads, it will be an absolute impossibility.

As much as the original Packs were huge, the largest @4.37Gb, they were at least manageable where I could selectively download each one at the appropriate interval in the month where some DL capacity remained, allowing me to use the internet/email for other things as well.

It would be great if you also made available a version of USA where the downloads were broken up into suitably sized Zip files. Yes, they would still be huge and take some hours to DL, but would still be manageable.

Please consider us poor under-privileged admirers of your product,   50-100Gb is a whale too big for my plate, ha ha LOL. Please leave some room for desert, or at least a meal consumed over a few bite sized sittings. LOL(Hope you get my analogy) :biggrin:

Cheers Jethro

13 hours ago, AviatorMoser said:

That sucks man. You could install FSX:SE? It's aged like fine wine and should be able to do fine on the GTX 260 I would think? Just about all these previews are from FSX.

Thanks for your kind words Daniel. I actually still have FSX, pre-steam version. And I was thinking myself to re-activate it too. I butcher that game for sake of P3D, cuz I was thinking I won't really need it anymore but here I am now... back to the roots you may say. =/

Maybe I'll open a topic on avsim about searching something a little bit better than my 770 was. 980 or 1060 although I'm a bit short with money now. If nothing else I've realize how many great old games I have sitting forgotten on my hard drives. :senang::sedih:

4 hours ago, Jethro said:

Hi Dan,

50Gb FMX-USA  Download - Quick call an ambulance, I can't catch my breath.:ohmy:

O'h how lucky you all are to have reliable ISP's in your countries, able to offer huge bandwith, superfast speeds and massive download monthly capacity's or even unlimited Download/Upload. 
As much as I would love to download 50Gb in one package its just not possible. :ph34r:
Such are the limitations from my ISP, 40Gb is my entire monthly download/upload limit during Peak hours which are attributed to my monthly limit, I have the option of un-calculated limits for off-peak usage, but the fractional speed of just (160Kbps max) makes it a practical impossibility. Certainly I could begin the DL in the free uncalculated off-peak portion of my plan but given the length of time to download 50Gb @ 160Kbps max ( about 7-10 days I would estimate) with the potential of failed downloads, it will be an absolute impossibility.

As much as the original Packs were huge, the largest @4.37Gb, they were at least manageable where I could selectively download each one at the appropriate interval in the month where some DL capacity remained, allowing me to use the internet/email for other things as well.

It would be great if you also made available a version of USA where the downloads were broken up into suitably sized Zip files. Yes, they would still be huge and take some hours to DL, but would still be manageable.

Please consider us poor under-privileged admirers of your product,   50-100Gb is a whale too big for my plate, ha ha LOL. Please leave some room for desert, or at least a meal consumed over a few bite sized sittings. LOL(Hope you get my analogy) :biggrin:

Cheers Jethro

Hi Jethro,

I've been considering how to appropriately distribute this for those with slower Internet access. The FMX - USA installer currently is broken up into about 25 2GB parts.This is not a finalized size. It may be smaller if I go back and rework some areas that don't really benefit from the full 10-m detail.

I'm working on a simple downloader that will download the parts automatically with the full ability to resume downloads. The other bittorrent solution will be the most flexible as you can actually pick which areas of the country that you would like to download, and it's fully resumable as well.

Thanks for the update and the screen shots. I'm anxiously awaiting release!

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.