Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

Issue with latest GSX

Hi...

I updated GSX to the latest version end of last week. I find that during push back... to the left / right is not executed by ground.

I think it could be bcos GSX has introduced a new option to start engines before pushback And ground could be confused!,, by an extra prompt that has been introduced.

You  can  adjust  the push back   parameters to  what ever  direction  you want, its  all  explained  in the manual on how  to do it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi...

I updated GSX to the latest version end of last week. I find that during push back... to the left / right is not executed by ground.

I think it could be bcos GSX has introduced a new option to start engines before pushback And ground could be confused!,, by an extra prompt that has been introduced.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Will look at it.

Indeed. Since there's no SDK, we have to constantly adjust to what GSX comes up with.

You did not give any information as to what airport and to what gate but GSX normally only uses the information contained in the afcad. If GSX does something wrong or unexpected most of the times the cause lies with the afcad of the airport in question. However as explained there is a GSX menu that allows you to configure various options like e.g pushback directions.

You did not give any information as to what airport and to what gate but GSX normally only uses the information contained in the afcad. If GSX does something wrong or unexpected most of the times the cause lies with the afcad of the airport in question. However as explained there is a GSX menu that allows you to configure various options like e.g pushback directions.

Understood... the issue is that GSX is not catering to an extra input that is required now by GSX...

Let's wait for Gerald to investigate and report back.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Will look at it.

Indeed. Since there's no SDK, we have to constantly adjust to what GSX comes up with.

Hi Gerald.... any luck.

I find that MCE by default chooses engine start before pushback... and the gsx ground crew wait for the engine start before pushing back. Can this be fixed ?

Thanks

Hi Gerald.... any luck.

I find that MCE by default chooses engine start before pushback... and the gsx ground crew wait for the engine start before pushing back. Can this be fixed ?

Thanks

Yes, confirmed and fixed here.

From now on co-pilot will prompt whether you want engines started before push-back. If you confirm that he'll press option 1. If you don't or simply keep silent, he'd select option 2.

There will be a patch, either tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

How is it handled when using just ATC and GSX voice control ?

I can initiate e.g. catering or boarding via voice, but stuff like “Ground, are you ready for pushback“ or “Ground pushback to the left/right“ remains unanswered.

Does that have to do with the Operator selection ,(e.g. Servisair or Swiss or whatever) ?

The latter comes up via menu if I initiate Pushback from the GSX menu.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

How is it handled when using just ATC and GSX voice control ?

I can initiate e.g. catering or boarding via voice, but stuff like “Ground, are you ready for pushback“ or “Ground pushback to the left/right“ remains unanswered.

Does that have to do with the Operator selection ,(e.g. Servisair or Swiss or whatever) ?

The latter comes up via menu if I initiate Pushback from the GSX menu.

Mike

I will have to check. I believe interaction with mechanic is associated with the "Real crew coordination" feature. I mean, commands won't be available unless it's enabled.

“Ground, are you ready for pushback“

Forgot to mention...

You cannot interact with ground mechanic until you have established first contact.

try "cockpit to ground" or "ground from flight deck". After that see if the command for pushback works.

Yes, confirmed and fixed here.

From now on co-pilot will prompt whether you want engines started before push-back. If you confirm that he'll press option 1. If you don't or simply keep silent, he'd select option 2.

There will be a patch, either tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

Brilliant... thanks for the fix... will make the experience a whole lot better.

How will we get the patch ?... will you post the link to it?.

Will avoid downloading the whole 700mb+ installer.

Forgot to mention...
You cannot interact with ground mechanic until you have established first contact.

Ok, great, works now. Thanks for the heads up.

One more question : The manual says, after engine start, 'relieve mechanic from his duties (never forget that)'. Which phrase would I have to use for that ?

Mike

Which phrase would I have to use for that ?

There are a number of variations.

mechanic you may disconnect now

Ground you may leave now.

ground engineer you may disconnect

....etc...

With GSX, the ground mechanic would automatically hand you over to GSX push team when the truck turns up (in which case, there is no need to release him), unless you have option "Keep mechanic on push" enabled in "Advanced options" panel.

And of course, you have the option to ignore all existing trigger sentences and use one that comes to you naturally (in ANY language). To do that, you'd have to create your own sentence and tie it to any of the built-in ones.

Brilliant... thanks for the fix... will make the experience a whole lot better.

How will we get the patch ?... will you post the link to it?.

Will avoid downloading the whole 700mb+ installer.

Check this thread for details

http://www.avsim.com/topic/488505-patch-for-pf3-gsx-q400-and-cs-707/

Thanks for the info, Gerald, and for the patch.

But the pushback still doesn`t work after the patch, when using just GSX and PF3 voice recognition.

Pushback request gets recognized, but I`m asked to start an engine first. If I start an engine and request pushback again I get a message from GSX to turn off engines first.

In that case, could MCE automatically select “no engine start before pushback“ as default? At least I would prefer that.

Mike